Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Drives is a pioneering technology leader, providing products and solutions to help our customers maximize productivity, safety, and energy efficiency, with a focus on reducing the impact on the environment.
Our 3,000-plus procurement and logistics employees work in more than 100 countries, to obtain and supply millions of products and services in over 200 categories from thousands of suppliers all over the world. Our goal is to create a supply base that works as an extended enterprise, creating value through continuous improvement in quality, technology, and logistics, while optimizing cost and sustainability.
The role reports to the Planning & Fulfillment Manager and is located in New Berlin, Wisconsin. As a Category Specialist, you are responsible to support the local sourcing initiatives either under the leadership of a local category manager or independently if under a defined threshold. Interact with the procurement resources within the global business services to ensure materials are procured to support the local business according to required technical specifications, price, delivery schedule and terms. Collaborate with the local material planning team to ensure material availability to support local business and customer needs. Your responsibilities
- Supports the development and implementation of regional /global sourcing strategies in the local business in close alignment with the regional /global category leader. Supports regional /global sourcing initiatives within a defined set of categories, working closely with key stakeholders to implement local category strategies.
- Under the direction of local category management, participates in the preparation and negotiation of agreements with main suppliers, and periodically renews pricelists terms and conditions. Runs benchmark studies, gathers and analyzes data, and makes recommendations to the local category team and for specific strategic sourcing initiatives.
- Performs root cause analysis related to supply challenges or disruptions & participates in local sourcing initiatives under a defined threshold.
- Creates local contract amendments to frame agreements on behalf of the local business and updates /maintains frame contracts under the direction of the category management team and local SCM (Supply Chain Management).
- On-boards new suppliers in close collaboration with the respective local category manager and runs regular supplier evaluations and provides supplier reports to Businesses and Category Managers. Monitors the KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) for PR (Purchase Requisition) to PO (Purchase Order) conversion, order acknowledgment, and transportation information provided by the global business services procurement team. May occasionally place PO if required, expedites POs as required, resolves commercial concerns with supplier and finance, all in accordance to purchase requisitions and in alignment with standard procedures.
- Confirms delivery with suppliers, monitors, and tracks supplier performance to purchase order requirements & monitors performance in SAP for assigned categories. Fosters communication internally, externally, and between different operational functions & first-line contact for concerns related to interruptions in supply for multiple business lines the business unit for responsible categories.
More about us
- Bachelor degree and five years of relevant experience preferably in sourcing or supply chain.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, SAP knowledge required, systematic, and target-oriented.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
- Preferred knowledge of assembly and manufacturing processes and experience in working with R&D (Research and Development).
- Continuous improvement focus, be demanding, and do not accept average results.
- Able to decide when what and how to solve the problem and then take responsibility with prompt delivery.
- Good negotiation skills in a multicultural global business environment.
- Good understanding of the supply market, logistics, B2B (Business to Business), and ability to influence others.
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Supply Chain Management
Supplier Performance Management