Average pay: $72,000 per year.
Accelerated pay based on experience.
Enjoy day 1 benefits such as medical, dental, and vision insurance and company-paid life insurance.
401(k) begins on your 90th day, and McLane matches your contribution annually.
Paid holidays and sick leave.
McLane Foodservice Albany is located in Guilderland Center, New York. It serves customers in upstate and western New York, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Maine.
Becoming a McLane teammate is to become part of an honest, stable, and reliable company with 125 years of success. We are looking for teammates with perseverance who will take the extra step for our customers, our community, and the company. In return, we will pay you well and offer you the opportunity to go as far in your career as you want to go.
McLane drivers do much more than drive. Although that is an important part of the job, being the face of our company to our customers is your primary role. You are the person they see week after week. You will develop strong relationships that create value and trust with our customers. The variety of tasks you will perform on each route will ensure you are never bored. You will deliver and unload products safely and on time to multiple stops along each route.
- Check vehicle and equipment pre- and post-trip.
- Check load inventories against invoices for accuracy.
- Unload via ramp and hand cart or lift gate and pallet jack.
- Stack and sort delivered goods.
- Make pickups as needed.
- Secure empty pallets in truck.
- Maintain the cleanliness of your truck.
- Return equipment to its storage location after use.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
WORK SAFE HOME SAFE is one of our mottos at McLane Company. Your safety and ability to do your job and get home to your family is why all prospective teammates go through a pre-hire screening process.
- Be at least 21 years of age.
- Have a valid Class A commercial driver's license (CDL-A).
- Have at least 1 year or 50,000 verifiable miles of tractor-trailer driving experience.
- Meet McLane's MVR and risk rating qualifications.
- Have excellent customer service skills.
- Bring a high degree of attention, skill, and dexterity to controlling a tractor-trailer and preventing damage to products and equipment.
- Be able to lift and move product and pallets which may weigh up to 75 pounds.
- Undergo pre-employment screenings, including a background check and a drug test.
McLane offers competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, STD/LTD and 401(k).
Candidates must pass a background check, drug screen and other job requirements.
McLane is an EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)