Employment Support Specialist
The Employment Support Specialist works with all members on their team who would like to or are thinking about obtaining a job by following the components of the Supported Employment Evidence-Based Practice (SE EBP). Assisting members in obtaining and maintaining employment that is consistent with their vocational and recovery goals is at the core of SE. The specialist will be required to spend at least 60% of direct service time in the community to engage and support consumers, family members, and employers
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Learns about and embrace the core values of Supported Employment Evidence-Based Practice (SE EBP): Eligibility is based on member choice, SE is integrated with mental health treatment, competitive employment is the goal, the search for a job begins rapidly, job finding is individualized, and follow-along supports are continuous.
* Discusses and encourages the realization of work as central to the recovery process when talking with members, staff, employers, funders, and advocates.
* Assesses members' vocational functioning on an ongoing basis utilizing background information, personal preferences, and work experiences.
* Assists members in job development and job search activities directed toward positions that are consistent with the needs and interests of members on his/her caseload and/or team, following the principles and procedures of SE EBP.
* Provides individualized, time-unlimited follow-along services to assist consumers in sustaining employment.
* Provides education and support to the employer, as agreed upon by the member, which may include negotiating job accommodations and follow along with the contact with the employer.
* Provides outreach services as necessary to consumers when they appear to disengage from the service. Maintains some contact with consumers even without a vocational focus if necessary to sustain engagement.
* Meets regularly with treatment team members to coordinate and integrate employment services into Thresholds' service plan. This requires direct supervision of a QMHP or LPHA in cooperation with the member, their families, the psychiatrist, collaborating agencies, and others as necessary.
* Draws up the individual employment service plan with the consumer, case manager, and other treatment team providers and updates it quarterly. Completes all assigned paperwork accurately, thoroughly and in a timely fashion, this may include DRS, DMH, and Thresholds research.
* Meets required billing targets and completes all documentation within assigned time frames.
* May be required to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in mental health, social services, or business (e.g., marketing, human resources, communications, public relations) with the aptitude to engage both consumers and employers in obtaining and maintaining rewarding employment.
* Experience may be substituted at the supervisor's discretion.
* Knowledge and experience in job development, job marketing, and job securing.
* Working knowledge of a brand range of occupations and jobs.
* Knowledge of long-term mental illness, including treatment and medication, and the impact of illness on vocational functioning preferred.
* Computer efficiency, including the ability to use email, navigate and enter notes into electronic medical records is required.
* Must be at least 21 years of age
* Daily access to a personal vehicle
* Valid driver's license
* Willingness to provide transportation for members of the program
* Must obtain and maintain liability car insurance of:
* $100,000 per person bodily injury
* $300,000 per accident
* $100,000 property damage
* *COVID-19 Note: In the spirit of caring for one another and our community, please note that upon accepting an offer of employment from Thresholds, you will be required to share proof of a COVID-19 vaccination and booster upon eligibility. ?You may apply for a Medical or Religious Exemption in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
WHAT WE OFFER:
* Generous Paid Time Office Policy (Vacation, Sick, and Personal Days)
* 4 Medical Insurance Plans
* Dental Insurance
* Vision Insurance
* 403(b) with 3% employer match
* Mileage Reimbursement
* Public Service Loan Forgiveness
* Supervision for Clinical Licensure at no cost (LSW, LCSW, LPC, LCPC)
- Diseases And Disorders
- Electronic Medical Record
- Evidence Based Practice
- Human Resources