The Director of Project Management / Engineering is based out of our Kinder Morgan’s Colonial Brookwood Center office located at 569 Brookwood Village, Birmingham, AL 35209. Kinder Morgan offers a robust benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, two retirement plans, paid holidays, and paid time off.
Kinder Morgan is one of the largest energy infrastructure companies in North America. We own an interest in or operate approximately 84,000 miles of pipelines and 157 terminals. Our pipelines transport natural gas, gasoline, crude oil, carbon dioxide (CO2) and more. Our terminals store and handle petroleum products, chemicals and other products.
Kinder Morgan is committed to being a good corporate citizen and conducting ourselves in an ethical and responsible manner. We spend hundreds of millions of dollars each year on integrity management and maintenance programs to operate our assets safely and to protect the public, our employees, contractors and the environment. Operationally, we continue to perform better than our industry peers relative to environmental, health and safety measures.
To be considered for our Director of Project Management / Engineering position click on Apply Now to sign in or create an account to upload your resume. Position Description
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to, and management of the 10 person Natural Gas Project Management team based in Birmingham, Alabama.
- Drive the successful completion of assigned projects across the United States within cost and schedule constraints and with an adherence to DOT and FERC regulations, as well as KM Standards.
- Lead professional and administrative personnel.
- Develop and improve personnel, processes, standards and procedures.
- Manage not only the performance of the Project Managers and their team members, but direct and control the execution of Sustaining, Expense and Expansion type projects.
- Promote open and continuous communication between various customers, departments, and personnel.
- Hold team members accountable for their performance in support of projects.
- Lead special projects to streamline and simplify company processes and procedures.
- Supervise the monthly forecasting efforts of the PMs.
- Participate in the annual project selection and budgeting process.
- Review in detail and approve all estimates generated by the team.
Certifications, Licenses, and Registrations:
- BS in Engineering.
- At least 10 years of experience in Project Management in the Oil and Gas Industry.
- Proven experience in management of multiple professional and administrative personnel.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project software.
Competencies, Skills, and Abilities:
- Valid driver’s license in United States.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Demonstrate leadership to upper management and to Project Management team.
- Able to identify issues and implement solutions.
- Work with intra and inter-departmental leaders to create a cohesive business unit.
- Develop and evaluate plans and estimates for a variety of projects.
- Oversee the execution of all projects assigned to their team.
- Work toward solutions and applications to meet or exceed business goals.
- Coordinate efforts at all levels and with other departments.
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision making in Project Management
- Has a core competency in the broad area of contract negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Can self-direct to meet goals set by upper management.
- Must actively lead the team, take direction from supervisor(s), prioritize work schedule, focus attention on details and follow rules.
- Maintains a high regard for the safety of company assets, employees, and the general public.
- Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills.
Office working environment with some occasional (up to 10%)
travel to project sites and to other offices across the United StatesAbove the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification from Project Management Institute (PMI).
- Experience in Project Management relating to pipeline industry.
- Experience in Natural Gas Pipeline Operations.
- Experience in Gas Control/ Pipeline Management.
- Experience in Microsoft or equivalent Scheduling.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Project Management Professional
Project Management Institute