Facility: WOODRIDGE INTERVENTIONS
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Naperville Bridge School, a partnership between Naperville Illinois School District 203 and Woodridge Interventions is currently seeking a SPECIAL EDUCATION TEACHER, LBSI required.
Abraxas Youth and Family Services is a national leader in the operation of residential treatment facilities and community-based programs for troubled youth and their families. We offer a wide array of services to include life skills, mental health services, cognitive behavioral therapy, family counseling, drug and alcohol treatment, case management services, recreational activities as well as vocational and educational services. Abraxas is a great place to start your career whether you have a high school diploma or GED, military experience, some college, or a bachelor or advanced degree. If you are interested in counseling, juvenile justice, psychology, social work, teaching or just want to make a difference, we have a career path for you. Help change lives at Abraxas Youth and Family Services.
The Special Education Teacher position is responsible for providing specialized instruction in one or more subjects to clients in order to help them learn the subject matter and/or skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Employ a wide variety of instructional methods, behavioral tools, and materials that are most appropriate for meeting standard operating procedures and educational objectives that are outlined in the school curriculum; create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the clients’ maturity.
- Create and maintain accurate client/administrative documents such as daily attendance and grade books; summarize achievements in reports for assigned clients including attendance and behavior.
- Participate as an educational team member in coordination with the clients, staff, and school and represents the program in professional meetings, family meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops.
- Coordinate classroom activities, which may include group meetings, field trips, and assemblies.
- Maintain IEP files.
- Write IEPs and ERs.
- Communicate student accommodations to the regular education teachers
- Schedule and facilitate IEP meetings with parents.
- Supports the Abraxas philosophy and mission and promotes the Seven Key Principles of care.
- Demonstrates appropriate use of Safe Crisis Management techniques and skills.