To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Leesburg, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Transdev North America • Leesburg, VA
Posted 22 hours ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Transdev is seeking a Maintenance Manager to oversee all activities of the Maintenance department, including the maintenance and repair of buses, other vehicles be responsible for developing, communicating, and enforcing safety policies and procedures at the transit location in compliance with federal, state, local regulations and Transdev policies.
Why work with us? -
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to Transdevs presence in over 200+ communities across North America
- Comprehensive benefits package with healthcare, paid holidays and a 401(k) savings plan
- Competitive Wages in a great work environment
- Schedules employees for the department; ensures the effective supervision of mechanics and other shop workers; may administer collective bargaining agreement provisions
- Selects, trains, motivates, and evaluates assigned personnel
- Coordinates work performed by outside vendors
- Oversees the development of efficient repair schedules; reviews repair cost estimates
- Approves priority of maintenance and repairs based on availability of materials and parts and requirements of scheduled operations
- Helps to ensure that company and client equipment is maintained and operating efficiently
- Controls and monitors inventory
- Ensures that all vehicles are fueled, cleaned, and properly working
- Develops and implements safety policies and procedures for the department; maintains a safe working environment
- Participates in the development and administration of the operational budget
- Identifies opportunities for improving service delivery methods
- Ensures that property, grounds, and facilities are clean and well organized
Education, Licensing, and Certifications Required :
- High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED, required
- 7 years or more of progressively responsible experience in the repair and maintenance of all types of heavy duty automotive and transit equipment including at least 3 years of supervisory experience
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Broad understanding of all mechanical systems related to heavy duty transportation vehicles
- Familiarity with laws/regulations associated with the safe operation of maintenance facilities
- Ability to read, interpret and apply documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read blue prints, schematics, and other mechanical and/or electrical diagrams
- Ability to read and write routine reports, forms, and other documentation or correspondence
- Working knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to organize and perform work efficiently; strong attention to details
- Ability to work well with labor
- Travel requirement (as a percent): <5% for occasional meetings
- Must submit to drug testing and a criminal background check
- Must be able to pass and maintain a DOT physical examination
- Must be able to work shifts or flexible work schedules as needed.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel; reach with hands or arms; and talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit. Occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel crouch or crawl.
- Occasionally required to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Must be able to work in extreme heat and cold and in a damp environment with moderate noise.
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Requisition ID 2018-9490
Position Category Management & Above
Internal Code \#TNA
Internal Reference 125
Internal Code 3 Ind1
Company/Division Transdev Services