To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Washington, DC
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
VP, Government Relations
Beacon Health Options • Washington, DC
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
About the Position:
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Government Relations, the Vice President, Government Relations is accountable for organizing, developing and leading government relations strategies and initiatives. These include, but are not limited to, developing and advocating for Beacon Health Options (“Beacon”) positions on policy and contract issues, developing and maintaining access to key public officials, and ensuring the integration of these activities in support of the overall strategic plan and goals of the company, including public sector growth and promoting government sector awareness of Beacon’s capabilities, market-leader reputation, and performance.
- Using a variety of resources, regularly analyzes and follows legislative and regulatory proposals affecting the business, market position, and industry sector.
- Develops and recommends proposals and positions on legislative and regulatory initiatives; advocates for approved positions and proposals with all branches of government, directly or through Beacon’s staff and/or retained lobbyists/consultants.
- Represents Beacon in state/national industry and/or trade associations and on governmental committees and task forces.
- Establishes, nurtures, and maintains effective working relationships with key federal and state elected officials and their staff and regulators in ways that support the mission and strategic goals of Beacon.
- Recommends lobbyist representation, negotiates lobbyists fees and scope of services, directs lobbyist’s activities, and evaluate lobbyist’s performance/overall effectiveness. Responsible for conveying the strategic direction and oversight of state-level lobbyists tied to Service Centers to ensure ongoing and effective representation of Beacon’s local interests.
- Collaborates and partners with Beacon’s public sector leadership, development and sales team, Regional Market Presidents, and Regional Client Partnership Officer to develop and implement governmental/regulatory strategies and approaches, lobbyist needs/services, the development of formal policy/position statements on pending initiatives, and advocacy/relationship strategies.
- Leads and coordinates all government relations activity in assigned region.
- Formulates and guides execution of legislative strategies and policy management.
- Assists in developing and shaping market based policies/strategies.
- Collaborates closely in state based Engagement Centers.
- Identifies, evaluates, and analyzes impact of legislative and regulatory risks.
- Organizes and track key regional issues and advises leadership concerning their impact.
- Collaborates with Corporate Marketing/Communications on developing key market focusing communications opportunities and content. Adheres to all Beacon policies and procedures and standards of operations.
- Completes all required and assigned trainings.
- Actively participates in key regional meetings.
- Education: Master's Degree in general business management, public administration or healthcare administration required. Juris Doctor (JD) preferred.
- Relevant Work Experience: At least eight years of progressively responsible experience in government relations required with a strong preference for health/ managed care industry experience. Experience leading and integrating all facets of government relations including relationships with key government/ regulatory officials and the development of advocacy and educational campaigns to support growth, market position and new opportunities
Click below on “Apply for this Position” to create a profile and apply for the position
Beacon Health Options is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer as well as a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Work Environment. EOE/AA/M/F/Veterans/Disabled