Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
Purpose of Position:
- Responsible for designing and implementing the enterprise cloud and data center infrastructure.
- Provides expert judgment and analysis for the design, development and implementation of on premise or cloud compute and storage systems.
- Maintains distributed compute and storage systems across all facilities and ensures all systems are working optimally.
- Provides staff and users with assistance solving systems related problems, such as malfunctions and program problems
- Develop and implement backup and disaster recovery plans and procedures, including regular reviews and real world tests.
- Analyzes system requirements and ensures that systems will offer security and will be effectively integrated with current applications.
- Prepares capital and operational budgets and spend tracking, as well as key management reporting for system operations.
- Works with service or software providers and develops system and process documentation.
- Remains highly adaptable - Due to the changing nature of priorities in supporting business users, this role requires high adaptability
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- May provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top level contributor/specialist.
- All other duties as assigned
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline strongly preferred, but consideration may be given to an exceptional candidate with 8 years relevant work experience
- Minimum of four years of experience in supporting at least four of the following technologies:
- Application Servers
- Database Servers
- SAN Infrastructure
- Virtual Environments
- Applying security updates and patches
- Active Directory
- Disaster Recovery
- Designing, implementing, and maintaining enterprise backup solutions
- Demonstrated Project Manager experience by successfully leading and concluding a technical implementation or upgrade required.
- Strong ability to solve complex technical issues
- Current valid Driver’s License
- Microsoft Office Suite and other office management application knowledge required
- Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work with team members and work independently
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.