Montgomery County Coalition for the Homeless (MCCH) assists people confronting homelessness and offers case management services enabling these households to thrive and live independently. Coalition Homes (CH) is an affiliate and partner to MCCH providing affordable permanent supportive housing. Coalition Homes self manages its real estate portfolio.
General Description: The Property Management/Staff Accountant supports property management accounting and is primarily responsible for processing accounts payable, verifying invoices, reconciling general ledger accounts, and processing outgoing invoices and checks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews all invoices for supporting documentation, coding, and approval
- Enter invoices for payment and prepare batches for review
- Prepare checks for payments, obtain signatures, and distribute/mail checks
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements and verify accuracy of charges
- Resolves invoice/payment discrepancies
- Reconciles and maintains account schedules including rent schedules
- Maintains files for contractor agreements, leases, consultants, etc.
- Maintains W-9 files for all vendors. Ensures receipt of W-9 for all vendors prior to payment
- Manages the annual preparation of 1099 forms for MCCH and affiliates
- Provides supporting documentation for audits
- Manages Accounts Receivable function and monthly closing
- Responds to inquiries from external vendors and MCCH staff
- Administrative duties and other projects as assigned
- Primary liaison with tenants on landlord-tenant issues regarding accounting
- Provide move-in/move-out responsibilities
- Maintain tenant rolls
- Participate in professional development opportunities.
- Assist senior Coalition Homes manager(s) with developing new educational tools that improve performance, time management, and increase accuracy of job-related functions
- Work collaboratively with other departments or agencies to improve residents’ opportunity to achieve housing stability
- Assist with file audits, HUD management and occupancy reviews and HUD REAC inspections
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience. BA/BS degree highly preferred.
- Minimum five years related accounting experience in property management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel. Experience in Yardi.
- Functional knowledge of basic accounting principles
- Must be detail oriented and able to work with accounting complexity for multiple entities and cost centers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents and write routine reports and document as well as the ability to perform simple math functions.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with employees and vendors and provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Accounts Payable
- Attention To Detail
- Basic Accounting Principles
- Case Management