To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- DeFuniak Springs, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Lakeview Center • DeFuniak Springs, FL
Posted 26 days ago
The Behavior Technician II will assist the counselors/therapeutic/nursing staff by providing clinical support to adults and children who are receiving substance abuse, mental health services or co-occurring disorders in residential programs, inpatient settings, day/evening programs, outpatient programs and/or community-based programs.The Behavioral Health Technician is responsible for, but is not limited to: Establishing a positive helping relationship with persons receiving services. Assisting persons receiving services to complete activities of daily living, including accessing needed resources, ensuring that women are closely monitoring and supervising their children at all times, and building functional, pro-social relationships with others. Ensuring the health, safety, and well-being of women who are pregnant, post-partum, or have children under the age of 3 years old, as well as, the individual's infant and/or toddler. Implementing specific interventions according to the person's treatment or service plan. Monitoring and documenting the person's progress. Monitoring and documenting the person's progress.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- At least one year of experience working directly with seriously emotionally disturbed children or seriously mentally ill adults, or completed one year (24 hours) of college classes
- Works under the supervision of a bachelor's (minimum) level practitioner or Registered Nurse
- Must be able to provide individualized, integrated mental health, substance abuse and co-occurring services to meet the needs of individuals served and their families, as required
- Must be able to use a computer
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Must be insurable under Center's automobile plan
- Must be able to travel locally to person's served homes, training locations and other locations as necessary
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work within the guidelines established in the policies and procedures of the agency and program
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with multidisciplinary staff
- Ability to recognize signs and symptoms of abuse
- Ability to effectively relate to a variety of individuals, including persons living with a mental illness and/or substance use disorder, persons with developmental disabilities, professional and support staff, and family members of persons served
- Ability to problem solve and advocate for persons served
- Ability to assist in maintaining a therapeutic milieu
- Ability to provide client transportation in the absence of the facility transporter
These responsibilities do not reflect all duties the incumbent will be required to perform. This description serves as an overview only. Salary is based on experience. Days and hours vary.
Interested applicants please visit www.elakeviewcenter.org and complete the on-line application. If you require additional assistance, please call Human Resources at 850-469-3729.
Lakeview Center is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free/Nicotine Free Workplace Employer, DRUG TESTING/NICOTINE TESTING REQUIRED.