To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Hankinson, ND 58041
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Job Juncture • Hankinson, ND
Posted 2 months ago
Commodity Manager Reports To: Director of Commodity& Risk Management
If selected you will be able to manage commodity origination, co-product logistics and related functions in order to maximize the benefit to the Company. You will be responsible for procuring the commodity at the best price. You will utilize sound administration of local risk position to reduce risk and enhance plant profitability.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Responsible for procuring grain ag products from suppliers at competitive price given market conditions at time of purchase.
- Develop and maintain relationships with area producers and commercial entities with a strong emphasis on direct farmer business.
- Report purchases as directed by supervisor to ensure appropriate hedging strategies are followed as outlined in the Risk Management Policy.
- Review hedging transactions for correctness.
- Ensure purchase contracts are signed and returned.
- Continue to develop and update producer and commercial contacts.
- Monitor and report grain movement in the area for better market insight throughout the Company.
- Direct Scale Operator personnel to ensure proper grading of incoming products. Retain samples as required to address/resolve disputes
- Direct daily activity of scale house.
- Maintain proper inventory levels of raw materials to keep plant producing at levels directed by Plant Manager.
- Report inventory levels to management and RPMG as required.
- Maintain excellent communication with the team including RPMG, railroad personnel, administrative and production staff.
Required Knowledge & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of commodity procurement experience with excellent knowledge of the grain industry. (Ideally soybeans, corn, peas, etc)
Supervisory experience preferred.
Experience with grain accounting software required.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Strong basic math and analytical skills.
Ability to maintain good relationships with internal and external customers, use tact and diplomacy and possess a customer service focus.
Comfortable problem-solving skills, negotiating terms, resolving disputes and overcome obstacles.
Able to manage multiple priorities with efficiency and accuracy.
Conduct’s actions with professionalism and integrity.
NOTE: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the USA for any employer and not require sponsorship now or in the future.