To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- McComb, OH 45858
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Hearthside Food Solutions LLC • McComb, OH
Posted 2 days ago
Direct and coordinate activities of production department(s) in processing materials or manufacturing products on a designated shift.
Responsible for all mixing, baking and packaging activities required to safely produce quality products with the most efficient use of labor and materials.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Direct the conversion of raw material to finished product with minimum waste and labor cost.
- Control raw material formula consistency.
- Monitor proper rotation of doughs, meals and raw materials.
- Maintain compliance with all sanitary and safety codes.
- Promote harmonious relations of hourly and supervisor personnel.
- Responsible for complying with customer service and Company standards.
- Review production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, and specifications of products and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department operations.
- Plans production operations, establishing priorities and sequences for manufacturing products.
- Prepare operational schedules and coordinate manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
- Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays.
- Inspect machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
- Resolves employee complaints or submit unsettled complains to the Human Resources Manager for action. Handle all disciplinary actions and employee disputes.
- Train, develop and evaluate all associated supervision and employees to meet future needs.
- Compile, store and retrieve production data.
- Responsible for compliance with all safety, health and environmental regulations as prescribed by federal, state and local laws.
- Follow and enforce Good Manufacturing Practices and all other Company policies at all times.
- Schedule samples and trails to satisfy customer needs.
- Review daily production, labor, overweight, scrap, etc.
- Attend meetings; make presentations, etc., as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
- Hearthside procurement, products, and production processes
- Manage 2 -- 5 production supervisors who supervise a total of 10-150 employees per shift.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervise non-supervisory (lead) employees.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable federal, state and local laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training new employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Excellent communication, decision-making and organizational skills.
- Strong self-confidence and leadership skills.
- Basic mechanical skills required.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, while being able to make sound decisions.
- Communicate in English to give and acknowledge instructions/problems.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram and schedule form.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries and complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, employees and members of the business community.
- Ability to effectively present information to employees, management and public groups.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in various units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to work well with others in stressful situations and meet deadlines as necessary.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and tasks.
- Reception to new ideas, concepts and procedures.
- Receptive and responsive to constructive criticism.
Proficiency in: MS Office Suite and, Sap, Kronos a plus.
- Work is primarily done in a production setting.
- Frequent production environment exposure which includes noise, dust, moving machinery, fork lifts, and fluctuations in temperature.
- Maintain harmonious working relations with employees from all departments.
- Maintain harmonious working relations with management from all levels.
- Communicate effectively with all employees and management.
- Able to keep personal feelings/opinions, whether work-related or outside work, from affecting performance.
- Ability to use hands and fingers. Reaching with hands/arms throughout shift.
- Ability to see, hear and talk. Ability to distinguish colors. Ability to work in light to moderate noise levels where hearing protection is required.
- May work near moving mechanical parts and may be exposed to fumes, airborne particles and vibration.
- Good hand/eye coordination and manual dexterity for repetitive tasks.
- Ability to lift/move up to 100 lbs. Push/pull items up to 2600 lbs. with assistance.
- Walk up to 400 yards to work and break areas.
- May climb steps to and from work and break areas.
- Repetitive reaching overhead, under and across throughout shift.
- Repetitive bending, stooping and twisting throughout shift.
- May crawl under equipment to reach work area.
- Stand 8 hours per shift.
- Physical and mental ability to work in excess of 40 hours per week.
- Perform general housekeeping, including sweeping, mopping, etc.
- Ability to work in variable temperatures and weather conditions. Ability to work in wet, humid areas.
- Associates Degree in business or related field required; Bachelors Degree preferred or a combination of education and experience.
- Three to five years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment. Bakery experience a plus
- Experience in a non-union manufacturing environment and union avoidance a plus.