To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cranbury, NJ 08512
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Devices Process Engineer
Trumpf • Cranbury, NJ
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The primary responsibilities of this position are to develop, improve, and maintain our in-house process capabilities for facet coatings.
Key Organizational Deliverables
process development, maintenance, trouble shooting, problem solving, metrology and characterization
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
1. Hands-on experience and understanding of Ion Beam Deposition used for passivation of high power laser diode facets
2. Maintain and trouble-shoot vacuum equipment used for laser diode production
3. Ability to develop, improve, and trouble-shoot processes pertaining to coating
4. Hands-on experience with metrology equipment used to characterize thin films such as spectrophotometry, ellipsometry, and profilometry
5. Ability to design thin film coatings and to develop, maintain, and improve processes to manufacture such systems and products for high volume production
6. Document findings and results and coordinate engineering changes
7. Collect and analyze data about the production process. Use these measurements to make decisions regarding improvement efforts. Consistently check for problems, product quality and adherence to policies and procedures.
8. Timely completion of assignments and projects in a highly organized manner
9. Assist in reviewing business systems administration, resources, procedures, and methods to improve operational effectiveness, utility and efficiency.
10. Train and coach engineers and operators and ensure complete and timely transition from development to production
11. Candidate must have excellent problem solving and analytical skills and be familiar with state of the art semiconductor fabrication processes and tools
12. Development of in-depth knowledge about company specific process parameters
13. Excellent communication skills to ensure that knowledge is transferred effectively and targeted
Experience / Education
This position requires a minimum of 5+ years experience with process development on high-end vacuum equipment. Ability to function well in a high stress environment. Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills are essential. Experience with IBD, IAD, MOCVD or similar a plus.
B.S. or M.S. in Material Sciences, Optical Engineering, Physics or similar required.
## Job Category: Engineering