As an Equipment Field Engineer on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you will work on a variety of tasks to progress project completion through equipment needs and general engineering needs.\n
As an Equipment Field Engineer on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you will work on a variety of tasks to progress project completion through equipment needs and general engineering needs.
The Hampton Roads Connector Partners JV (HRCP) consisting of Dragados, VINCI, and Flatiron, has been selected to construct the $3.3BN Design Build project –the largest civil construction contract ever awarded by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
The project scope across a 9 mile section of the I-64 will include: a new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel crossing that will accommodate a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water, replacement of the existing marine approach bridges and the addition of a third lane on I-64 in each direction. The twin 45’ diameter 1.5-mile tunnels will be bored by TBM, creating the second largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in North America. The project is expected to continue to the end of 2025.
- Reviews equipment requests and contacts rental companies with established contracts to fulfill requests in a timely manner
- Prepare work plans, JHA’s, and assist with equipment management and maintenance compliance
- Prepare maintenance plans, schedule maintenance on owned and rented equipment, and maintained detailed records
- Capable of interacting with multi-discipline teams including operators, technicians, engineers, supervisors, and managers
- Prepare daily worksite reports
- Collects, coordinates and analyzes shop drawings, design specifications, material requirements and project data through the duration of the project to ensure quality and contract specification compliance.
- Works with project team to plan field layout on the project site, ensuring appropriate utility and commercial lines are marked before production begins.
- Assists the estimating team with project schedules and provides technical input as needed.
- Assists the development of design drawings and provides technical input, as needed.
- Coordinates subcontractor work methods, schedule and crews as needed.
- Meets daily with project crews to review production schedule and confirm all materials, equipment and resources are readily available for production to continue on schedule and within budget.
- Provides technical input for project work plan and scheduling. Identifying risk elements of production, materials, equipment or process that could negatively impact the budget or schedule.
- Evaluates daily production, schedule and budget projections to accurately track project performance. Documents daily activities in Company approved methods and technologies.
- Notifies team members and manager of any significant schedule changes and recommends solutions for management consideration.
- Remits accurate project quantity input and controls using assigned project cost coding to ensure project financials are accurately reported. Manages cost coding with project finance and accounting teams regarding employee time, materials, equipment and subcontractor needs.
- Reviews project specifications for quality assurance at regular intervals. Initiates and manages appropriate certificates, inspections and other documentation regarding construction production on the project site.
- Reviews and approves daily timecards for all construction crews, working with Office Manager, payroll and job construction supervisors to resolve queries, as needed.
- Maintains knowledge of Company and Project values and strategic plan.
- Perform other related duties as required and assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Industrial Engineering a plus)
- Experience in equipment maintenance or construction is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work day/night shift & weekends on short notice
- Knowledge of MS Office tools (Excel) and AutoCAD
- Auto Cad
- Design Specifications