To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Savannah, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Human Resources Generalist Jr
GAF Materials Corporation • Savannah, GA
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The Human Resources Generalist Junior assists the plant Human Resources department with tactical employee relation issues, recruitment, compensation, benefits, and EHS tracking & safety training. In addition, the incumbent will assist the HR and Plant Managers with training & organizational development initiatives. The Human Resource Generalist Junior is also responsible for timely and accurate completion of departmental reports and recordkeeping and may process weekly payroll.
10-20% - Maintain proper documentation and generate ideas for and champion employee relations activities to foster positive employee morale and interaction. Spend time walking the production floor, facilitate conflict resolution and provide coaching and feedback to employees and line supervisors as appropriate.
10-20% - Manage disability processes with employees and third party administrators for Workers' Compensation, Short Term Disability and FMLA while ensuring adherence to ADA and HIPAA.
10-20% - Participate in various aspects of safety, including conducting job safety analyses, addressing root cause of safety incidents and participating in safety audits. Maintains and coordinates employee safety and recognition programs.
10-20% - Plan, coordinate and facilitate various training programs. Ensure completion of mandatory compliance training for both salary and hourly personnel.
10-20% - Coordinate hourly recruiting and ensure compliance with OFCCP retention, conduct on-boarding and new hire orientation.
10-20% - Facilitate exit interviews and represent the company for any unemployment claims.
10-20% - Compile and analyze monthly and annual statistics. Prepare and distribute various reports.
10-20% - Manage the HRIS/Recordkeeping function, complete reports/forms, and maintain personnel/department files. Provide support for the annual wage survey and compensation system projects. Process hourly and salary compensation adjustments and other changes via HRIS system. May also process weekly payroll.
5-10% - Coordinate annual programs such as benefits enrollment, annual hearing tests, and flu shot clinics.
5-10% - Assist the Human Resources Manager and Plant Manager to communicate various human resource policies, procedures, standards, and laws; take ownership for the communication boards.
5-10% - Perform other duties as assigned.
LEVEL BASED COMPETENCIES
Level Based Competencies are to be designated based on job level and content.
• Building Working Relationships
• Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills
• Planning and Organizing
Technical knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
• Entry level knowledge of HRIS, ADP and applicant tracking systems
• Knowledge of federal and state employment laws
General knowledge/skills (entry, intermediate, advanced)
• Must be familiar with standard Human Resources concepts, practices and procedures.
• Possess demonstrated problem-solving abilities along with strong time management & prioritization skills.
• Possess advanced communication skills that can be utilized in day to day interactions with all levels of the workforce.
• Demonstrated experience managing conflict, project management and completion.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Intermediate organizational skills and attention to detail
• Familiar with standard manufacturing concepts, practices, and procedures
• Ability to work under limited supervision
• Ability to work in team environment
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or Business Administration.
• 0 – 2+ years Human Resources experience, preferably in an manufacturing environment