Provides professional nursing care and support via telephone/video camera to defined patient population using telecommunications. Uses critical thinking and communication skills to asses, plan, implement, educate and evaluate patient outcomes. Uses nursing processes to identify patient care needs, risks, safety issues, educational opportunities and appropriate health care referrals. Works with physicians and multidisciplinary team members to develop a plan of care for assigned patients. Monitors care through assessments and/or patient records. Identifies and resolves barriers that hinder effective patient care. Makes nursing judgments and decisions and assumes responsibility for nursing care and documentation.
TeleEmergency or ICU Focus
1. Identifies patient health-related problems and risk states and develops nursing care plans accordingly. Assists other nurses in assessment, diagnosis, care planning, and evaluation of outcomes.
2. Provides individualized nursing care, recognizes and takes appropriate action for significant changes in patient conditions.
3. Evaluates effectiveness of nursing care and makes necessary modifications to assist with optimal patient outcomes.
4. Establishes relevant, evidence-based and safe nursing interventions and priorities when providing nursing care.
5. Collaborates effectively with patient, patient's significant others, and members of the health care team to achieve optimal patient outcomes. Acts as a resource to peers, student nurses, medical students, house officers, and other health care providers.
6. Communicates patient status through verbal, electronic, and written means with other health care providers, and takes appropriate action for patient well-being.
7. Observes patient to recognize nursing needs. Implements care/interventions through collaboration with other nursing team members, physicians or members of other health care disciplines.
8. Develops and promotes long-term relationships with spoke site facilities and providers, providing feedback and follow-up as indicated.
9. Identifies and offers solutions to patient care delivery issues through quality improvement, continuing education, research, and peer review activities.
Transfer Center Focus
1. Arranges and coordinates urgent /emergent requests for transfer.
2. Manages and coordinates centralized communications between referring and accepting provider services. Collaborates with physicians to assess urgency and priority of admission.
3. Develops relevant mitigation strategies in collaboration with Medical Director to maximize safe patient intake and patient care resource needs.
4. Collaborates with others to determine appropriateness of requests for outside transfers.
5. Determines and assigns accurate patient admission type following established guidelines and criteria.
6. Performs other duties as required or assigned.
ü Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required. Baccalaureate in nursing strongly preferred.
ü Critical Care Nursing experience required; ie. Emergency or ICU. 5 years critical care nursing preferred.
ü Previous computer experience required.
ü Proven organizational and multi-tasking abilities along with strong customer service skills that include excellent phone and video etiquette
ü Knowledge and skills sufficient to integrate the use of health care technology and/or information management systems into the provision of nursing care.
Associate Degree (ADN) and Diploma (DIP) prepared nurses must commit to completing their BSN. ADN/DIP prepared nurses will need to enter into the BSN Education Process within one year of service date and remain continuously enrolled until BSN degree completion. If this agreement is not met, D-H may terminate the nurse’s employment. Enrollment in an RN to MSN program meets this requirement.
Required Licensure/Certification Skills:
ü Licensed Registered Nurse in New Hampshire, Vermont, and applicable states required.
ü Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
ü Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required.
ü Certified in specialty preferred.
ü Membership in a professional organization preferred.
Registered Nurse Certified
Basic Life Support
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
Associates Degree In Nursing