Our partner, The Lubrizol Corporation, one of the top workplaces in America
, is seeking candidates for a Mechanical Maintenance
worker to join their growing team!
1st Shift Responsibilities:
- Provide knowledgeable and accurate troubleshooting expertise for mechanical problems.
- Perform installations of new piping and equipment, as well as repair of existing systems.
- Perform required Preventative Maintenance and Mechanical Integrity Inspections of mechanical equipment, piping, and systems.
- Perform all duties with a Safety-First mindset by observing all Health, Safety, and Environmental (HS&E) procedures.
- Demonstrate good housekeeping at the job site as well as the maintenance shop.
- Demonstrate knowledge of welding, metal fabrication, equipment troubleshooting, rigging, forklift operation, rotating/stationary equipment repair, rigging, millwrighting, pipefitting and layout, plumbing, insulating, reading prints and diagrams.
- Additional duties as assigned by supervisor.
- High school diploma or equivalent from an accredited school.
- A minimum of 5 years industrial maintenance experience
- Strong understanding of steam, condensate, domestic water, drain and vent systems, lab water, process water systems, hydronic systems, compressed air systems, and compressed gas systems.
- Understanding of Piping layout, including measuring, cutting of piping, and connecting the piping by use of soldering, wielding, gluing, threading, pressing, flaring, or mechanical means
- Read and understand drawings and P&IDs from Engineers
- Maintain a logical thought process while trouble shooting
- Problem solving
- Read and understand text
- Read and comprehend manuals and diagrams
- Possess aptitude and desire to be cross trained in other skilled trades and practices.
- Compressed Air
- Forklift Truck
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechanical Systems