This position is located at MEMORIAL REGIONAL HOSPITAL - (Hollywood, FL) - and will support the ICU.
Develops and provides services related to the orientation, continuing education and assessment of clinical staff. The role of Senior Clinical Nurse Educator serves all aspects of nursing in the clinical setting: Educator, Consultant, Researcher, Facilitator, Change Agent, Leader.
* Conducts needs assessments using a variety of strategic tools.
* Synthesizes evaluation data to guide decision-making about educational programming.
* Leads committee, work groups/and/or projects related to the implementation of educational activities.
* Conducts and/or contributes to nursing research.
* Disseminates research, evidence-based practice, and quality improvement findings through activities such as presentations, publications, and consultation.
* Serves as consultant/mentor/change agent to staff, clinical leaders, and others as appropriate.
Competencies and skills:
* STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
* CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
* ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
* RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
* PATIENT SAFETY - NURSING: Complies with and ensures patient safety practices in the clinical setting.
* EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION: Communicates effectively with various audiences using the most appropriate method for the situation.
* EFFECTIVE PRESENTATIONS: Develops and delivers presentations using effective facilitation techniques and audio visual materials.
* EDUCATION AND TRAINING: Facilitates the orientation, education, and competency process for assigned employees.
* PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
* CLINICAL POLICIES AND STANDARDS: Applies knowledge of clinical standards, policies, and procedures relevant to function and organization.
* BLS Certification
* Registered Nurse License
* BLS American Heart E-Card
Education equivalent experience:
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action. Must be able to take a patient load as needed.
Required Work Experience: Five (5) years nursing experience, two (2) years facilitating learning/professional development.
Specialty certification preferred.
* Bending and Stooping 60.00%
* Keyboard Entry 80.00%
* Kneeling 60.00%
* Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 60.00%
* Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Pushing or Pulling 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
* Reaching 60.00%
* Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
* Sitting 80.00%
* Squatting 60.00%
* Standing 80.00%
* Walking 80.00%
* Audible Speech 80.00%
* Hearing Acuity 80.00%
* Depth Perception 80.00%
* Distinguish Color 80.00%
* Seeing - Far 80.00%
* Seeing - Near 80.00%
* Bio hazardous Waste 80.00%
* Biological Hazards - Respiratory 80.00%
* Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 80.00%
* Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 80.00%
* Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 80.00%
* Gas/Vapors/Fumes 80.00%
* Hazardous Medication 60.00%
* Computer Monitor 80.00%
* Domestic Animals 40.00%
* Needles/Sharp Objects 80.00%
* Potential Electric Shock 80.00%
* Potential for Physical Assault 40.00%
* Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida's largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
+ Medical and Surgical Services
+ Emergency Room and Level I Trauma Center
+ Memorial Cancer Institute
+ Memorial Cardiac and Vascular Institute
+ Memorial Neuroscience Institute
+ The Family Birthplace
+ Women's Services
+ Wasie Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
We are also home to a team of dedicated professionals, all of whom deliver nationally recognized, award-winning care. Memorial Regional Hospital has received Press Ganey's Guardian of Excellence Award for Patient Satisfaction (Inpatient Behavioral Health) for three consecutive years, has been recognized by Truven Health Analytics as one of the nation's 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals, and for the last seven years has received the Gold Plus Achievement Award from the American Stroke Association.
**_Disclaimer:_** _This job description is not intended, nor should it be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification._
Memorial Healthcare System is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. Memorial Healthcare System recruits, hires and promotes qualified candidates for employment opportunities without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any factor prohibited by law. We are proud to offer Veteran's Preference to former military, reservists and military spouses (including widows and widowers). You must indicate your status on your application to take advantage of this program.
- Basic Life Support
- Certified Nurse Practitioner
- Clinical Nursing
- Clinical Works