To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dover, NJ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
HR Payroll Specialist
Arconic • Dover, NJ
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
The HR Payroll Specialist processes all aspects of payroll, providing a high level of customer service, and communicates effectively, both orally and in writing. Demonstrate efficiency and flexibility in performing detailed tasks in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions, changing priorities, and deadlines. Must have relevant experience in dealing with sensitive and confidential matters.
The HR Payroll Specialist will be familiar with the payroll system and will provide instruction to employees, team leaders, supervisors and managers. The HR Payroll Specialist will perform all functions for payroll processing, print and distribute payroll reports as required, and reconcile payroll.
- Processes special payment batches (i.e., commissions, payouts, severance, retro, etc.).
- Input of all payroll data into the HRIS/Payroll system for weekly, bi-weekly and monthly payrolls (exempt, non-exempt and hourly employee payroll, bonuses, etc.).
- Ability to receive and respond to pay-related inquiries and issues using discretion while communicating with employees and their supervisors.
- Researches and assists employees with payroll questions.
- Accurately process all Payrolls to meet payroll deadlines.
- Prepares weekly, bi-weekly and monthly payroll and any all required reporting.
- Conducts hours and headcount reporting for business metrics.
- Responsible for HRIS administration to include new hires, terms and changes.
- Assists with special projects related to process improvements and enhancements.
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with employees and management.
- Oversees the collection of time and attendance data and communicates as necessary on issues related to time and attendance.
- Provides training on time and attendance as required.
- Collaborates with other HR team members on attendance and corrective actions.
- Resolves issues related to weekly, bi-weekly and monthly payrolls.
- Demonstrates ongoing knowledge of time and attendance system (WorkBrain) and payroll system.
- Maintains appropriate records and documentation to support all payroll activities.
- Ensures compliance with employment laws including but not limited to ERISA, FMLA, FLSA, ADA, OSHA and COBRA.
- Provides support in administration of employee medical leave
- Adheres to strict confidentiality practices.
- Verify payroll output against payroll reports and registers prior to distribution of checks to maintain accuracy.
- Provides customer service to internal and external customers/clients/providers.
- Assist with new hire orientation
- Perform special projects or other duties as assigned or requested
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 years of payroll experience
- Experience working in a 24/7 operation a plus
- Computer skills (HRIS, Time & Attendance, Microsoft Office)
- Detailed knowledge of payroll processing procedures and reporting requirements
- Familiarity with payroll and time and attendance system(s).
- Must be able to “multi-task”
- Must be attentive to details and deadlines
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team
- Strong client relationship and interpersonal skills
- Effective oral and written communication skills with a customer service focus
- Must be discreet with confidential information.