To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Harrisonville, MO 64701
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Maintenance Lead - Harrisonville, MO
Oldcastle APG • Harrisonville, MO
Posted 24 days ago
Job ID: 149742
Ash Grove Packaging, a CRH company, is a division within Oldcastle APG. APG is North America’s leading manufacturer and supplier of concrete masonry, dry mix, and hardscape products. With over $2B in sales, APG operates across 36 states and 5 Canadian provinces through a network of over 195 operating locations and more than 6,500 employees.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for coordinating and leading the work of employees in the general maintenance and upkeep of buildings, grounds, and equipment. Responsible for maintaining electrical, plumbing, technical, and related systems. Performs the work of employees and other duties as required. Responsible for designing and implementing equipment changes and overseeing a comprehensive preventative maintenance program with a view toward significantly impacting the manufacturing operation through equipment availability, equipment efficiency, total production yield, labor efficiency, inventory expense, and maintenance expense., while maintaining compliance Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), environmental health and safety (EHS) guidelines, and any other regulations that may apply.
- Leads and assigns the work of maintenance employees.
- Coordinates and inspects major contract work on the electrical, plumbing, mechanical and other related systems.
- Leads equipment improvement initiatives, equipment, procedures, and processes that lead to improved productivity and reliability.
- Develop, monitor, verify, and manage a comprehensive preventative maintenance program
- Demonstrates a positive working environment, emphasizing the Ash Grove Packaging Companies culture and values.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service
- Support and emphasize the Safety, Quality, and Environmental commitments of the company and implements changes, programs, and procedures to ensure compliance
- Uses available resources (equipment, labor, tools, and repair parts) in the most efficient and productive manner
- Identifies, prioritizes, and provides resources to assist plant managers in meeting annual operational and budgetary goals
- Facilitate, verify, and employee training as needed, including troubleshooting, maintenance, operations, and safety
- Conducts employee performance evaluations;
- Ensure compliance with all SOPs and OSHA regulations as required
- Maintain a current awareness of new technology and developments relevant to implementing best practice methods
- Participate in cross-functional teams and interface effectively with other functional areas to meet all plant objectives
- Monitor plant maintenance spending
- Document development work and written specifications, and submits reports and reviews related to preventative maintenance, safety, environmental, and other projects as needed
- Assists in installation of capital expense projects if needed
- Works with vendors to maximize price and inventory of supplies.
- Other duties and responsibilities related to the nature of the job may be assigned on a temporary or permanent basis as needed
- Hands on maintenance and reliability experience in an industrial and/or manufacturing environment required.
- Previous work experience managing maintenance technicians.
- Computer and software experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is a plus.
- Reporting skills.
- Controls experience with PLCs and other operator interface packages is strongly desired.
- Position requires strong leadership, organizational, communication, and project management skills.
- A college degree in Industrial Engineering/Industrial Management or a related field is strongly preferred, however equivalent years of experience in a similar field is acceptable.
- At least 5 years of work experience in an industrial and/or manufacturing environment is preferred
- Frequent exposure to dust, dirt, loud noise, heat, cold, and all types of weather conditions in packaging plants.
- Potential job hazards include minor and severe burns, eye injuries, strains, back injuries and bone fractures.
- Normal operation of mobile equipment may result in recurring jarring and vibratory exposure.
What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Ash Grove Packaging, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
CRH Americas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.