EMCOR Services CES offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term values.
Job Title: HVACR Mechanic/Journeyman
Job Summary: EMCOR Services CES is looking for an HVAC Mechanic Journeyman in Frederick, Maryland. The HVACR Mechanic will be responsible for the safe and efficient maintenance and repair of all equipment and building systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate, maintain, and make repairs to all types and sizes of HVAC and refrigeration equipment.
- Operate the Siemens Apogee BAS systems to identify set-points, make adjustments to building systems, maintain occupant comfort and ensure environmental conditions are within tolerances for the production facility.
- Operate a CMMS to open/close work orders and ensure the weekly and monthly PM tasks are performed on time, within budget, and with an eye for the smaller details.
- Assists the Facility Manager with the maintenance of tools, equipment, and materials to achieve cost savings for “Just in Time” ordering.
- Ensure neat and clean mechanical room; painting in all mechanical, pump and electrical rooms and all space as needed.
- Provide management and leadership to the Day Porter and any other EMCOR Services CES staff who may be assigned to the site on a long or short term basis.
- Must possess a Universal 608/CFC License.
- Must have a MD, VA, or WVA HVAC license or equivalent for commercial HVAC applications.
- Must have a minimum (7) years’ of field experience relative to the supervision and training of less knowledgeable personnel, the troubleshooting, servicing, repairs, maintaining, installation and commissioning of a wide variety of HVAC equipment.
- Must be familiar with large commercial facility (approaching or greater than 100,000 sq. ft.) equipment such as chillers, pumps, air handlers, split systems, package systems, CRAC units, VAV terminal boxes, fan coil units, hot water and chilled water applications.
- Candidate should have current factory trained or certified maintenance in Liebert or Stulz computer room units. In lieu of the training or certification, the candidate must have 5-7 years direct work related experience in the preventive maintenance and repair of Liebert and Stulz Air Conditioning Units (experience must be verifiable).
- Must have PC skills/computer knowledge.
- Maintenance and operation of DDC Controls with 5 years’ experience, preferably on Siemens Apogee systems.
- Must know the complexities of a production environment and understand the temperature and humidity relationship to maintain tight controls. This includes the ability to apply learned techniques for the operation of the REES Humidity Monitoring and Control System.
- Heavy physical effort (lift/carry up to 50 lbs. / push up to 100 lbs.)
- Prolong, extensive or considerable standing/walking.
- Push/pull or move/lift equipment., supplies, and parts.
- Manual dexterity and mobility
- Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled