To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- St. Louis, MO
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Marketing Manager (Acquisition Marketing)
Varsity Tutors • St. Louis, MO
Posted 10 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Overview of Position
Varsity Tutors is seeking an innovative Senior Marketing Manager to help manage, enhance, and develop the company’s customer acquisition strategies. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and a self-starter, strong ownership, results-oriented, bias for data and for action, and intellectually curious. The Sr. Marketing Manager will be responsible for helping to scale key channels such as paid social marketing, affiliate, PPC, display, or other channels.
Varsity Tutors is a live learning platform that connects students and professionals with personalized instruction to achieve any goal. To date, students have accessed more than three million hours of live instruction on the platform. Experts are available to meet in person or through the company’s award-winning online and mobile platforms, which account for the majority of all sessions.
Varsity Tutors recently closed a $50M Series C funding round, bringing its total funding to $107M. The round was led by Learn Capital, with participation from The Chan Zuckerberg Initiative and existing investor TCV. The funds will enable Varsity Tutors to further its vision of seamlessly connecting experts and learners in any subject, anywhere, at any time.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field or equivalent experience.
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills; experience using data and metrics to test theories, confirm assumptions, and measure success.
- Deep and abiding love for figuring out how things work, then relentlessly testing and optimizing to drive desired outcomes.
- Creative and technically inclined with a bias for scaling programs through algorithmic and automated solutions.
- Proactive, resourceful, and self-directed.
- Experience managing and driving multiple sophisticated projects and competing priorities simultaneously.
- Proven ability to identify, analyze, and solve ambiguous problems with an extreme attention to detail.
- Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making, and written communication skills.
- Thrives in a high-energy, fast-paced environment where tactical and strategic initiatives are driven in parallel.
- Stand-out candidates will have programming experience and be conversant with applied ML.
- Bonus points for strategic development and management of demand generation, lead management, channel development, and product/market segmentation strategies.
- Bonus points for a MBA or other graduate degree in relevant field.
- This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
- All candidates must pass a background check as a condition of employment.
- Identify, experiment with, prove out, and scale acquisition channels
- Create strategies to engage those leads and convert them to customers.
- Drive learning and optimization of funnel through experimentation, creative iteration, and A/B testing.
- Pull data, analyze, and communicate results. Pivot or shift approaches when necessary in response to what you learn.
- When needed, collaborate with UX, marketing, engineering.
- Once acquisition channels are proven, work with engineering to optimize, scale, and automate.
- Business development and negotiations as necessary to support.
- Can own acquisition programs end-to-end, including integrating with third-party APIs. (INDHP)
Varsity Tutors is proud to be an equal opportunity employer! We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of age, race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital status or civil partnership/union status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, childbirth, genetic information, military and veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. Varsity Tutors will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with local and federal requirements.