The Senior Strategic Sourcing Specialist - Electronic Components is responsible for ensuring the cost effective and efficient procurement of electronics and electronic components by utilizing Strategic Sourcing, Supply Base Management and Total Cost Analysis strategies. This role will support a $110M spend across 26 sub-categories with electronics and have total ownership over several.
My client is a leading consumer products manufacturing firm with 80% market share for their product line. They have a brand new corporate office with on-site gym and cafeteria, summer hours, relaxed dress code, extremely flexible work from home policies, and frequently referred to by employees as "the best company I have ever worked for."
The Senior Strategic Sourcing Specialist - Electronic Components will:
- Source electronic components by negotiating pricing and delivery
- Develop & implement procurement strategies based on the needs of the business
- Identify cost savings opportunities and manages cost reduction activities to achieve annual cost reduction goal
- Analyze spend, market position, & other factors to optimize company performance & efficiency
- Source new vendors & periodically inspect/visit them
- Lead cross-functional team(s) in the identification of alternative product/suppliers, facilitates qualification trials, and conduct supplier management to drive continuous improvement
- Establish & maintain relationships with vendors
The Senior Strategic Sourcing Specialist - Electronic Components will have:
- BS/BA degree is required.
- 4+ years of experience in strategic sourcing/procurement
- Strong background in supplier management, commodity strategy development/execution, and contract negotiations
- Thorough knowledge of global sourcing strategies
- Excellent financial acumen and analytical skills
- Excellent organization capabilities and project management skills
The target compensation for the Senior Strategic Sourcing Specialist - Electronic Components is commensurate with candidate experience.
Benchmarking (Project Management)