How do you manufacture the world’s cleanest alloy steel? How do you help your customers push the bounds of what’s possible? With a smart and passionate team of people who are focused on a strong set of core values, on giving their best every day, and who are proud of the contributions they’re making to our company and community. People who want to make a difference.
Purpose and Scope:
The primary function of this role is to manage, plan, organize, and execute engineering projects. These projects include the design and installation of production machinery and equipment, plant facilities, foundations, plant layouts, site evaluations, piping systems, structures and buildings, maintenance projects, and strategic capital projects. This position will be responsible for the full life-cycle of project management, including planning, defining scopes, requesting and analyzing quotes or bid packages, data and cost analysis, and managing cross functional projects teams. This position could also act as the project lead for a specific engineering tasks such as piping, foundations, building erection, or equipment setting for large capital projects overseen by an assigned project manager.
1. Develop and manage projects to meet specific budgets and schedules
2. Implement the design process from conception to field changes
3. Coordinate the fabrication and installation of equipment by contractors or TimkenSteel employees
4. Facilitate the communications between internal customers, suppliers, and engineering activities
5. Ensure that all project documentation such as drawings and manuals are added to the engineering drawing system
6. Provide leadership, coaching, and mentoring for design engineers within the engineering department
7. Provide on demand engineering expertise to operations, maintenance, and management
Key Technical Skills:
Able to create and modify drawings in 2-D or 3-D software package
Strong project management skills with a demonstrated ability to engineering projects and/or teams
Able to read and comprehend 2-D and 3-D prints and understand dimensions and tolerances.
Able to communicate technical concepts to a variety of audiences
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with at least 2 years of experience in manufacturing operations or related experience.
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering with at least 1 year of experience in manufacturing operations or related experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. #CB
Coaching And Mentoring