To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Financial Advisor - Cherry Hill, NJ
Navy Federal Credit Union • Cherry Hill, NJ
Posted 19 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why You Will Love Being Part of the Navy Federal Team:
*Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises, promotions, and bonus potential
*Best-in-Class Benefits! (7% 401k match / Pension plan / Tuition reimbursement / Great insurance options)
*On-site amenities include fitness center, wellness center, cafeteria, etc. at Pensacola, FL; Vienna, VA and Winchester, VA campuses
*Consistently Awarded Top Workplace
*Nationally recognized training department by TRAINING Magazine IND123
*An employee-focused, diverse, and service-oriented workplace environment
To provide financial consulting services to assist members and non-members with identifying their financial goals and objectives. Acts as a catalyst for the promotion and growth of NFFG products and services. Recommends appropriate mixture(s) of insurance/investment products and services to achieve the financial client’s goals as a registered representative/advisor/agent of Navy Federal Financial Group (NFFG) and subsidiaries, or incumbent financial firms. Manages more complex, high dollar volume, and larger member bases. Mentors and trains Associate Financial Advisors in more advanced financial counseling to support higher volume complex member bases and/or Credit Union Registered Member Service Representatives when assigned.
• Administer and document account activity and execution per NFFG process and procedures and FINRA, NASAA, SEC regulations
• Conduct periodic review of accounts to communicate account status, explain activities and keep clients aware of new offerings
• Develop a pipeline of internal/external referral sources in compliance with Navy Federal policies and procedures and guidelines
• Establish, maintain and develop business relationships with members and internal/external sources in assigned territory
• Execute customer and broker purchase /sales orders of securities for current/new clients
• Focus consulting for products and services supported by Registered Investment Advisory Firm in support of current market/ industry shift to managed assets and align with member needs
• Identify prospective participation partners/opportunities through prospect calling, networking and leveraging existing participation business
• Keep current with research legislative and industry updates to identify areas for market growth/opportunities, and/or potential concerns impacting NFFG clients and/or business environment
• Monitor accounts to ensure accurate processing, identifies discrepancies, errors/concerns and take remedial actions
• Monitor, track, and report performance of individual sales plans and assigned strategies
• Participate in development and implementation of new/enhanced processes and financial planning
• Participate in site audits of registered duties, documentation and processes comply with Navy Federal standards and FINRA, NASAA, SEC and other regulatory agencies
• Perform in-depth on-going research to acquire new accounts in assigned territory to increase market share
• Plan/conduct life insurance and investment seminars and initiates cross marketing for clients and prospects to grow market penetration of NFFG product services – Most complex/unusual
• Prepare standard/special reports required by FINRA, NASAA and SEC, participates in industry and/or internal audits
• Provide investment consultation related to investment products, life insurance services and related quotes, document preparation and required regulatory filings
• Provide investment industry expertise to client investment consultations and servicing of investment products, stocks, bonds, annuities, mutual funds, managed accounts and related securities
• Performs other duties as assigned or appropriate
Qualifications – All required unless otherwise noted
• Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training, education, and experience
• Advanced analytical, decision-making, problem-solving and organization skills skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Advanced interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
• Advanced planning, organizational, time management and problem solving skills
• Advanced skill building effective relationships through rapport, trust, diplomacy and tack
• Advanced skill exercising initiative and using good judgment to make sound decisions
• Advanced skill presenting findings, conclusions, alternatives and information clearly and concisely
• Advanced skill to influence, negotiate and persuade to reach agreeable exchange and positive outcomes
• Appointment by the sponsoring insurance company, broker-dealer and/or Registered Investment Advisory Firm
• Current and active FINRA Series 6, 7, NASAA Series 65 or 66 (and NASAA Series 63 in states where required) registration and Life & Health Insurance License
• Experience in business development to include market strategy, product demonstration and promoting products and services
• Extensive experience consulting with customers to access their financial status and identify investment needs
• Extensive knowledge of investment and insurance products
• Extensive knowledge, to interpret industry related laws and government regulations
• Proficiency with PCs and spreadsheet, database, word processing applications, and financial analysis software tools
• Significant experience working as an adult facilitator, trainer, development coach, and/or internal consultant
• Significant leadership experience to mentor less experienced Financial Advisors
• Thorough understanding of economic and accounting principles and practices, financial markets, banking and analysis and reporting of financial data
• Willingness to pursue CFP, ChFC, or CLU designation after one year of successful employment
• Desired – Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Management or related discipline or related professional experience
• Desired – Knowledge of Navy Federal/NFFG organization, programs, policies and procedures
• Desired – Active designations e.g. CFP, ChFC, CLU
Bank Secrecy Section
Remains cognizant of and adheres to Navy Federal policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:30AM-5:00PM
Equal Employment Opportunity
Navy Federal values, celebrates, and enacts diversity in the workplace. Navy Federal takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified individuals with disabilities, disabled veterans, Armed Forces service medal veterans, recently separated veterans, and other protected veterans. EOE/AA/M/F/Veteran/Disability