To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lincoln, NE
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Business Banking Manager
Great Western Bank Member FDIC • Lincoln, NE
Posted 27 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
General Description and Essential Functions
Responsible for leading business banking team in development and maintenance of commercial loan portfolios, with the goal of providing maximum profitability with minimum risk. Accountable for coordination of individual and staff deposit development activities and strategies that promote core deposit growth by attracting new business and building multiple relationships with existing customers. Develops productive relationships with business partners to meet/exceed customer total financial needs. Assures credit quality is maintained; prepares team for all regulatory and internal examinations.
• Lead the business banking team within assigned market by recruiting and developing a high performing team to drive results .
• Responsible for managing a portfolio of business clients and is accountable for net client growth, risk management effectiveness, customer service and profitability.
• Ensure applicable lending policies and procedures are followed. Responsible for adherence to applicable compliance regulations.
• Develop and manage customer relationships to include all types of business banking and deposit products and services and maximize long-term customer satisfaction through aggressive cross-selling efforts to satisfy customers’ financial needs. Assists staff as needed in meeting with customers.
• Analyze credit and financial information for customers. Demonstrate sound judgment in decision making, abiding appropriately to established guidelines and procedures. Has the authority to approve or deny accounts. Responsible for credit quality of individual and staff portfolios.
• Proactively market clients and prospects; represent Business Banking in the local banking and business communities; and develop a network of referral sources.
• Complete loan process through closing by working within fairly standardized methods/processes and utilized standard rates as outlined by the bank.
• Monitor customers’ repayment activity. Responsible for handling early detection and identification of past due accounts. Responsible for credit quality of individual portfolios.
• Prepare annual personal and staff business plans and strives to meet or exceed the goals and objectives set by the company.
• Maintain knowledge of competitor products and services, including pricing of deposit and loan products, fees and other charges in the market. Recommend changes to bank management with an objective of maintaining competitiveness and profitability for the bank.
• Responsible for the development of a teamwork concept within the bank to ensure effective selling of bank products/services with the objective of proactively responding to customers total banking needs.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, finance, or related area, or equivalent experience required.
• 8 - 12 years of commercial lending or related experience with previous management experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of all bank products and services with direct sales and business development experience.
• Strong leadership, sales, communication, cross-selling, sales planning, mathematical, decision-making, customer service and analytical skills.
• Demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Effectively utilize and manage time to accomplish sales goals on a consistent basis.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
• Respond to and resolve customer service requests according to Great Western policies in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner at all times.
• Perform other job-related duties or special projects as assigned.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.