We welcome you to join The Birth Place as a Certified OB Tech (Certified Surgical Technologist). The Certified OB Technician (OBT) provides support to the RN and the Physician in the care of obstetric patients. The OBT performs OR procedures following department standards: A) maintenance of sepsis; B) positioning; C) prepping and draping; D) needle count; E) instrument count; F) sponge count; G) specimen care; H) dressing application. The OBT is responsible to assist the physician on all cesarean and vaginal deliveries following these standards. The OBT is responsible for ensuring necessary instruments, supplies, and equipment are available for cesarean or vaginal procedures. He/she should be able to anticipate physician needs, communicate with the physician, and utilize other available sources of information to coordinate and provide the necessary items for delivery. The OBT also assists with escorting patients to triage rooms, taking specimens to the lab, if applicable, transfer of patients, and discharging of patients. They are expected to have computer skills necessary to perform the job as well as collaborate with the rest of the obstetric team for other necessary duties to perform. The must demonstrate the ability to follow directions and contribute to problem solving and conflict resolution in day to day situations. They will interact in a courteous, customer focused manner. They must accept delegation and work as a contributing team member. The RN is responsible for coordination all care and outcomes.
- Vocational / Technical Certification from National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Association; OR 2 - 3 years' experience in OB or surgical tech role with other surgical technician certification. Minimum
- High School or GED Minimum
- None Minimum
- 1 - 3 Years Preferred
- Healthcare Provider CPR – (American Heart Association or American Red Cross ONLY) Minimum 7 Days
- Other: Certification from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Association or other surgical technician certification (which includes OB) Minimum Upon Hire
- Adheres to and/or maintains departmental policies and procedures, to be regulatory compliant with TJC, OSHA, safety standards, or other regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrates flexibility required to meet changing priorities.
- Maintains respectful working relationships with co-workers and encourages the team approach.
- Approaches work in a manner that makes quality improvement a part of every activity.
- Performs job duties in a manner to consistently improve the patient experience and minimize delays. Supportive of others involved in patient's care. Assists the patient and family with coordinating care to meet individual needs. Facilitates patient flow through the department processes. Demonstrates organizational skills and prioritizes needs.
- Consistently demonstrates cost savings activities: Minimize supply waste. Demonstrates productive use of time. Offers suggestions for cost savings.
- Demonstrates knowledge of departmental information by: regularly attending staff meetings, reading email information, attending departmental in-service offerings, reading communication books, reviewing available literature and resource material.
- Able to respond to emergent situations in a timely & effective manner. Willing to cross-train to other subspecialties within the department. Identifies learning needs & seeks appropriate resources to increase knowledge & skills. Maintain licenses & certifications appropriate to position.
- Demonstrates appropriate and effective conflict resolution skills. Step 1: Addresses issues with individuals involved in a courteous and professional manner. Step 2: Escalates issues to appropriate Department Director, as necessary.
- 403b Retirement Plan with 3% company match
- 5 days of Paid Parental/Adoption Leave
- $5k in Adoption Assistance per child
- Paid Sick Leave
- Accrued PTO
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Voluntary Benefits, including: Life, Accidental Death or Dismemberment, Critical Illness, Long-term Disability, Short-term Disability, Hospital Indemnity, Pet, Identity Theft and Legal Insurance
- Collaborative professional work environment
- Reduced cafeteria rates (OMC location only)
- Tuition Reimbursement so you can achieve your educational goals (up to $5,250/year)
Disclosure: Benefits eligibility may vary based on position.
Why Top Talent Join Olathe Health?
Our mission is to help people through healing, health and happiness. Top performers want to be a part of something special…something with a purpose. We want the best and brightest health care professionals who are focused on providing compassionate, personalized care. And we are committed to continue to give our associates growth and developmental opportunities while providing a safe, inclusive and welcoming work environment to do their best work. We all strive to help each other as a team to deliver the best patient care possible. At Olathe Health, we believe that if we take care of our people, they will take care of everything else.
From our modest beginnings with a 30-bed hospital in 1953 to a dynamic, regional health system with more than 2,400 associates today, Olathe Health continues to grow to meet the needs of our patients and the community. The system consists of Olathe Medical Center, Inc. (OMCI), Miami County Medical Center, Inc. (MCMC), and Olathe Health Physicians, Inc. (OHPI), a large physician corporation with 38 locations. The system offers a wide range of services and specialties for individuals in all stages of life, from primary care, pediatrics and maternity care to specialties, including oncology, surgery, orthopedics, spine, cardiology, home health and hospice.
Several of our most recent honors as a system include:
- Fortune/IBM Watson Health named OMC one of the 2021 Top 100 Hospitals.
- The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) awarded OMC and MCMC four-star ratings in 2021.
- One of Ingram Magazine’s “2020 Best Companies to Work for” (large employer category) and one of the “Best Hospitals in Kansas for Nurses” (according to nurse.org).
Great things are happening at Olathe Health and we would love for YOU to join our team today!
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Certified Surgical Technologist
- Conflict Resolution
- Cost Reduction