To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
160 South Industrial Boulevard
Calhoun, GA 30701
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Director Visual Merchandising
Mohawk Industries • Calhoun, GA
Posted 10 days ago
We are always in search of Difference Makers to help us generate solutions and solve problems so that we can continue flooring the imagination of our customers; while providing value to their lives. We’re redefining flooring with products that not only minimize climate impact but also foster beauty and allow people to connect and thrive.
If you would like to make a direct impact with a multi-billion Fortune 500 global leader in flooring fashions; while making the world a better place, then we have an exciting leadership opportunity for you!
The Senior Director Visual Merchandising directs and manages processes that combine design skill and merchandising strategy to consistently promote the Mohawk brand image, products and services within the retail store and digital environments. Provides direction for the development and utilization of resources, collaborating with internal and external customers to balance multiple project priorities. Will provide leadership, vision and direction to ensure the visual marketing strategy support of the company’s business objectives and requirements. Responsible for governing merchandising standards for Pergo, Mohawk, and Karastan in all residential sales channels.
- Create and manage standards and guidelines to express the brand personality in a consistent visual language for retail store environments and product exhibitions.
- Work with vendors and internal project management teams to design and develop display systems that increase placement flexibility, decrease display obsolescence, and maintain brand standards across all product categories.
- Responsible for delivery of the design and development of seasonal point-of-sale displays and in-store product demonstrations.
- Research customer needs and provide ongoing design ideas to evolve and improve permeant and seasonal displays.
- Identify technologies and design strategies to connect physical and digital merchandising.
- Rationalize and connect physical and digital merchandising strategy to improve consumer familiarity, decision simplicity, and shopper consistency from online to in-store.
- Manage merchandising operations to ensure planning and execution is in line with business requirements and expectations.
- Create and manage a merchandising plan and corresponding budget. Act as a relationship manager between vendors and internal customers to balance the needs of the customer and the vision of Mohawk brand.
- Ensure effective control of marketing results, and take corrective action to guarantee that achievement of product marketing objectives falls within designated budgets.
- Continuous concept and content renewal based on relevance to end-users, business goals and general segment needs
- Perform necessary competitive marketing audit to ensure plans are relevant and effective
- Collaborate with the brand and channel teams to ensure all merchandising standards and plans are aligned with the go-to-market strategy and business objectives
- Provides directions to include staff development and training, budget management, feasibility studies, delegation, project and resources control, teamwork coordination and project team constructive feedback as it pertains bto individual, project or overall program performance.
- Proactively reviews and interprets performance against goals and project plans; provides information and reports to subordinates on interpretation of results and approves changes in plans; presents reports on project performance, changes, and other related matters and/or participates in key management activities with senior management accordingly.
- Oversee content development with Mohawk Creative to ensure the following:
- Strategic consistency between segment brand standards Content is developed and leveraged within a consistent, accurate, integrated strategy across all media
- Ensures all product merchandising materials are accurate and up-to-date.
- Establishes and maintains a consistent corporate image throughout the product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or creative design. MBA preferred. Will also accept an equivalent combination of education and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- 10+ years of applicable work experience that includes knowledge of Marketing concepts, business operating procedures, and management procedures
- Advanced project management skills and demonstrated experience organizing, planning and executing large-scale projects from vision through implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors and vendors. Ability to meet tough deadline schedules and react at a moment’s notice. Works well under pressure.
- Experience managing high level direct reports in corporate roles.
- Experience working in a high exposure role with direct visibility and accountability to senior level management.
- Experience in brand management that includes planning, budgeting, financial management analysis, and
- In-depth understanding of technology direction, trends and strategic business impact, and demonstrated experience in new concept development for various projects and complex technical plans
- Intermediate to advance proficiency level in the following areas: Workfront, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint, Business Writing concepts and techniques.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Knowledge of budgeting and expense control to plan, implement and control expenditure while maintaining and improving quality standards.
- High level of creativity, ingenuity, and judgment required.
- Excellent presentation, oral, written and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with management, internal and external business contacts.
- Excellent human resource management skills to effectively lead and direct a diverse work group; to achieve results through team efforts, and the desire and ability to motivate, persuade and direct the activities of others.
- Proven ability to manage/implement projects and/or contribute to concept development.
- Problem solving, analytical skills and the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to read and interpret highly complex business and financial documents in written, chart or diagram form.
- Proficient with windows-based operating systems environment, spreadsheet, graphics intermediate to advance skill level) and database software
- 1 direct report; direct report will have 2 direct reports of their own
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk’s vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world’s largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.