VNA & Hospice of the Southwest Region is currently seeking a per diem Registered Nurse
to become a member of our award winning Hospice
team of professionals who strive to provide the best personalized, compassionate care and comfort to patients and their families.
- Options or flexible work schedules designed to maximize work/family life balance opportunities (children/school schedules, etc.)
Skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Utilizing the nursing process, assesses patient/care giver needs in order to provide quality care to assigned patients.
- Develops and communicates a realistic plan of care for each patient.
- Serves as Case Manager for assigned patients and actively manages case loads and visit times in accordance with agency productivity standards.
- Implements medical plan of care, nursing interventions, and procedures as necessary to ensure the safe effective quality of care for patients.
- Stays up-to-date on a variety of High-Tech skills; IV use and maintenance, wound VAC, complex wound care, etc.
- In accordance with LPN scope of practice, works collaboratively with LPN's to ensure that the plan of care is followed, delegates tasks and ensures that patient needs are met.
- Consistently reviews documentation, annotates visit notes and acts on recommendations in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Evaluates a variety of aspects of implemented plan of care including, but not limited to identified problems, care provided and patient's responses, to meet patient/care giver needs and ensure overall quality of care delivered.
- Maintains up-to-date and accurate documentation of nursing care provided to ensure the effective integration of information for use by the health care team to ensure on-going and continued quality of care.
- Performs patient and care giver education to ensure informed patient decisions can be made, including, but not limited to, medication side effects, treatment options, discharge instructions, reportable conditions, ranges of services, etc.
- Have self-direction and initiative, as well as be able to work collaboratively with colleagues within the agency.
- Experienced with electronic medical records required.
- Valid Vermont Nursing License.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends.
- Exceptional bedside manner and communication skills.
- Compassionate and friendly demeanor.
- Valid Vermont Driver's License and car insurance.
- Electronic Medical Record
- Negative Pressure Wound Therapy