In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day and we need you as a Critical Environments Controls Engineer. Microsoft's Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I Critical Environments Controls Engineer on the U.S. Government Airgap team, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's dedicated online services supporting the U.S. Government. While our U.S. Government dedicated datacenter operations team has a sharp focus on serving our U.S. Government customers and helping them achieve federal missions, together, all of Microsoft's Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide. With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class Cloud provider. Do you want to empower billions across the world? Come and join us in CO+I and be at the forefront of the action! As part of the Microsoft Critical Environments Team, you will have an opportunity to work alongside a dynamic team of industry professionals across the Information Technology (IT) and Critical Environments (CE) spectrum within Microsoft 24x7x365 mission-critical datacenters. Responsibilities As a CO+I CECE, you will be an Industrial Controls Systems (ICS) subject-matter-expert and your success will be measured by: * Maintaining ICS availability, data quality, service and change management, reporting, and the security of all ICS systems in the Data Centers.
* Site level ICS program and project management, and both govern and directly participate in the execution of global initiatives related to ICS systems.
* Managing, servicing, and governing Microsoft's electrical and mechanical industrial control systems (ICS) to include servers, applications, networks, and device infrastructure deployed within Microsoft's 24x7x365 mission-critical datacenters.
* Governing logical and physical access, approval, and permissions related to all ICS systems, networks, workstations, and servers that provide datacenter monitoring and controls. * Empowering a culture of safety and security in global datacenter operations by complying with CO+I's safety programs and policies and completing compliance knowledge assessments.
* Developing positive working relationships with internal teams and external stakeholders. Qualifications Data Center Operations Management IC3 - The typical base pay range for this role across the U.S. is USD $76,400 - $154,100 per year. There is a different range applicable to specific work locations, within the San Francisco Bay area and New York City metropolitan area, and the base pay range for this role in those locations is USD $102,700 - $169,200 per year. Microsoft has different base pay ranges for different work locations within the United States, which allows us to pay employees competitively and consistently in different geographic markets (see below). The range above reflects the potential base pay across the U.S. for this role (except as noted below); the applicable base pay range will depend on what ultimately is determined to be the candidate's primary work location. Individual base pay depends on various factors, in addition to primary work location, such as complexity and responsibility of role, job duties/requirements, and relevant experience and skills. Base pay ranges are reviewed and typically updated each year. Offers are made within the base pay range applicable at the time. At Microsoft certain roles are eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases, annual bonus and stock. These awards are allocated based on individual performance. In addition, certain roles also have the opportunity to earn sales incentives based on revenue or utilization, depending on the terms of the plan and the employee's role. Benefits/perks listed here may vary depending on the nature of employment with Microsoft and the country work location. U.S.-based employees have access to healthcare benefits, a 401(k) plan and company match, short-term and long-term disability coverage, basic life insurance, wellbeing benefits, paid vacation time, paid sick and mental health time, and several paid holidays, among others. Our commitment to pay equity We are committed to the principle of pay equity - paying employees equitably for substantially similar work. To learn more about pay equity and our other commitments to increase representation and strengthen our culture of inclusion, check out our annual Diversity & Inclusion Report. ( [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to CE Controls Engineer CTJ - Poly with Security Clearance
) Understanding roles at Microsoft The top of this page displays the role for which the base pay ranges apply - Data Center Operations Management IC3.
The way we define roles includes two things: discipline (the type of work) and career stage (scope and complexity). The career stage has two parts - the first identifies whether the role is a manager (M), an individual contributor (IC), an admin-technician-retail (ATR) job, or an intern. The second part identifies the relative seniority of the role - a higher number (or later letter alphabetically in the case of ATR) indicates greater scope and complexity. Microsoft reviews all applications that meet the below Required Qualifications. For this role, you are welcome to apply if you meet the following Required Qualifications: * Bachelor's degree or applicable field experience in Critical Environments, Electrical, Industrial, or Mechanical
* 3+ Years of experience in an operational, mission-critical, 24x7x365 facility
* 1.5+ Years of experience in the design and/or commissioning of Industrial Controls Systems (ICS) in datacenter critical environments including the Modbus and BACnet protocols.
* 2+ Years of experience with the operation and maintenance of building electrical systems (Power distribution, grounding, fire alarm, and related controls systems) and mechanical systems (HVAC, Chilled Water, DX Refrigerant, Evaporative, and related controls systems)
* Candidates selected for this position may need to comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating that federal contractors and subcontractors receive the COVID-19 vaccine by being fully vaccinated before their date of hire, or work with Microsoft to receive an approved religious or medical accommodation. While not required, we also look for the following Preferred Qualifications: * Project management experience with a focus on agile methodologies.
* Knowledge of construction techniques and terminology including the ability to read and interpret blueprints, construction drawings and documents is essential.
* Ability to manage, prioritize and successfully execute multiple concurrent mission-critical infrastructure projects.
* Ability to balance competing demands for resources and adapt to changing priorities.
* Proven ability to deliver projects on-time and adherence to deadlines.
* Provide meaningful and timely reporting for weekly success metrics.
* Established understanding of Electrical Power Monitoring Systems (EPMS) and/or Branch Circuit Monitoring (BCM) and/or Building Automation Systems (BAS), and/or Battery Monitoring Systems (BMS) #COICareers Background Check Requirements: Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: * Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter. * Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements. * The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Polygraph. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate U.S. Government clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination. * Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment. #COICareers Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form . Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
- Agile Methodology
- Architectural Drawing
- Battery Management
- Building Automation
- Change Management