To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Phoenix, AZ 85013
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
University of Arizona College of Medicine - Phoenix • Phoenix, AZ
Posted 23 days ago
This is an exciting opportunity to become part of a fast growing college. The College of Medicine – Phoenix is seeking a bright and ambitious Senior Accountant with credentials in accounting and/or finance to work closely with Department Administrators in managing day-to-day transactions, financial/data analysis, and financial compliance. The ideal candidate enjoys learning something new and experiencing various challenges every day. As an integral member of the centralized campus finance team, the selected candidate will be expected to perform professional accounting activities in a complex, evolving and fast-paced environment and therefore must be flexible and adaptable. This position will work independently and requires expert knowledge and professional application of fund accounting principles, practices and techniques in accordance with the policies and procedures of the UA and UA Foundation. The candidate will be responsible for assisting administrative units and departments with inquiries related to document processing and procedures, and providing professional accounting support. Professional demeanor, customer service, and teamwork are required for this position while maintaining sensitivity with confidential information. The incumbent must have the ability to effectively assess and respond to customer needs and demonstrate skill in administrative team support.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state retirement plan; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
Duties & Responsibilities:
- May monitor the activities of subordinates.
- Provides specialized or general calculations and analysis support in various accounting functions; prepares reports, statements, analyses and interpretation utilizing advanced knowledge and proficiency in accounting practices, principles and interrelationships for both management and outside agencies.
- Recommends alternatives to management when accounting data indicates trends or situations requiring action to be taken beyond scope of responsibilities.
- Establishes or revises procedures or operating policies of assigned function; participates in development and implementation of new or revised operating procedures and office policies.
- Reviews accounting and reporting procedures and completed assignments of other staff to ensure compliance with university or outside agency regulations.
- Provides technical advice and services to lower level accountants or other university staff with problems, complex issues or special projects.
- Reviews and controls accounts and records to ensure accuracy, proper documentation, and compliance with all pertinent procedures and regulations.
- Reviews and adjusts funds or accounts such as cash or federal funds.
- Prepares complex journal entries and records composite entries.
- Adjusts to changing needs of university, campus or department operations.
- Balances complex federal, local or state accounts.
- Researches, analyzes and uses independent judgment in a variety of daily and non-routine decisions affecting assigned function.
- Researches and evaluates new or changed accounting principles and practices.
- May conduct training for campus users.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles.
- Skill in performing detailed numerical computations.
- Skill in preparing detailed reports on a timely basis.
- Skill in the use of computer hardware and software.
- Ability to effectively communicate.
Arizona Board of Regents Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor's degree in Accounting AND three years of professional accounting experience; OR, Seven years progressively responsible and diverse accounting experience and coursework which included at least three years professional accounting in which a broad exposure to all areas of accounting and accounting principles, practices and procedures was acquired; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Experience with UA policies, procedures, and systems: UAccess Analytics, Financials, Employee, and Research.
- At least 2 years of experience with university or government fund accounting.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Access and Word.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with recommending changes to processes and procedures and maintaining standard operating procedures.
Rate of Pay: $45,270 - $62,000 Annually, Depending on Experience