To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2150 Penn Street Northeast
Washington, DC 20002
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Patient Service Coordinator - Medicine
George Washington Medical Faculty Associates • Washington, DC
Posted 16 days ago
To assist the provider with form completion, referral process, scheduling of procedures, registration of patients. To assist the patient and provide direction following the clinic appointment. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepares and review patient’s lab request forms, order forms and referrals for complete demographics, ICD-9 & CPT codes.
- Assist patients and providers with appointments in other departments or hospital by scheduling the appointment or by providing a telephone number for scheduling and directions to the facility.
- Schedule and post surgery cases & procedures on provider’s proxy calendar.
- Verifies patient’s insurance status by checking online system or calling insurance carrier. Document in electronic system active or termination status, deductibles & co-payments for future visit.
- Prepares appointment notices and provide instructions for patient’s surgery, procedures and testing as needed. Inform patient of required H&P for surgery and assist with appointment to see PCP if internal.
- Cancels and verifies appointments internal and external for testing and procedures.
- Maintains weekly procedure cancellation log by division.
- Obtains pre-authorization from insurance for procedures & testing ordered internally and externally.
- Direct patients for financial counseling and identifies appropriate person in the Business Office
- Acts as liaison between MFA and other ancillary and outside departments as it relates to patient referrals and scheduling of test and procedures.
- Comprehends clinical data with knowledge of procedure & diagnosis coding.
- TW scanning of documents on a daily basis.
- Tasking to assist with provider and patient administrative requests.
- Utilization of department pre-certification note for authorization of MRI, CT Scan and other testing & procedures.
- Assist patient with follow-up needs in a personal, systematic and organized manner.
- Maintains insurance matrix & procedure code matrix to assist with scheduling & referral responsibilities.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes.
- Assist with researching procedures with regard to proper CPT coding/correct ICD 9 codes
- Assists in answering inquires regarding departmental and Medical Center services and provides information regarding procedures, rules and regulations pertaining to assigned clinical areas.
- High school graduate or equivalent; knowledge of medical terminology.
- Two years of college is preferred.
- 1-2 years working experience in a medical environment, such as a hospital, doctor’s office, or ambulatory clinic.
- Must have knowledge of ICD-9 and CPT codes.
- Experience utilizing a web-based computerized system or experience with windows is necessary.
- Must have 2-3 years of experience with electronic scheduling systems and have surgical scheduling experience
- Must have some knowledge of insurance guidelines and third party payers.