Genesis10 is seeking a Systems/Business Analyst - Scada for a contract position with our client in Golden, CO. Summary:
- Project resource responsible for administration planning, problem-solving, and oversight of one or more advanced applications utilized to control and monitor the electrical grid. Responsible for ongoing development and implementation of SCADA applications.
- Apply business knowledge and application expertise to support the implementation and maintenance of the Energy Management System (EMS) database and display work activity for the electrical system and available telemetry.
- Assess the need for and monitor modifications to the database impacting the real-time SCADA System while supporting other applications including Automatic Generation Control (AGC), Energy Accounting, ICCP, ITS, and Network Analysis, which are all used for controlling and monitoring Client electrical grid.
- 5 years SCADA heavily preferred
If you have the described qualifications and are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today!
- Evaluate and identify the impact of database changes for assigned areas and across impacted Regional Transmission Systems (RTS) and Regional Transmission Organizations (RTOs).
- Analyze and determine the correct system operating changes related to the transmission, distribution, and generation electrical system using data collected from engineering projects and available company diagrams.
- Determine which advanced applications will be affected by changes.
- Plan and conduct research in problem areas of varying scope and complexity. Resolve and/or make recommendations regarding unique issues and problems. Coordinate ongoing work activities with Control System Operators, Energy Markets, field personnel, technicians, neighboring utilities, appropriate power pools, and other Database Specialists, as required.
- Ensure correct system configuration is available for field technicians. Implement changes to the real-time SCADA database in a timely manner using Oracle and Spectrum DBA, as needed.
- Update displays to reflect changes on the system.
- Monitor database changes to ensure accurate and complete.
- Complete testing before, during and after implementation, as required.
- Resolve and/or make recommendations regarding problems encountered in testing or implementation phases.
- Provide expertise to management in one or more of the advanced applications, to recommend, and to incorporate these changes appropriately.
- Provide direction and support to less senior team members and users of the advanced applications.
- Responsible to develop plans for and to ensure enhancement of existing database and display maintenance methods.
- Ensure the integrity of the database using special utilities, Linux, and SQL. Support new and changing requirements by the end-users of the system.
- Set up and maintain all data to be archived.
- Develop, recommend, and maintain standards, policies, and procedures for the EMS database and displays for standardization across all three regions of Client.
- Provide training and work direction to others working in the database and display maintenance group.
- Provide technical expertise to less senior team members and functional and business areas including engineering, Energy Markets, and other utilities, and as required.
Genesis10 provides access to career opportunities with over 40 clients in the Twin Cities. As the #3 ranked firm for Business and IT consulting in Minnesota, we offer a variety of opportunities whether you are looking for contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent positions. Let's connect today!Benefits of Working with Genesis10:
• Medical and dental insurance available- including HSA
• Bi-weekly payroll
• Established consultant re-marketing program with our 50+ local clients!
• 401k plan
• Downtown Minneapolis/St. Paul parking allowance
• Delivery Director for employee success and support
• Referral program with the opportunity to earn additional incomeAbout Genesis10:
Genesis10 is a Professional Technology Services Firm providing Staffing, Workforce Optimization and Domestic Outsourcing Solutions. If you are a high performing business or IT professional with solid, referenced experience, we want to meet you. Genesis10 recruiters and delivery professionals are highly accomplished career advocates, who get to know you beyond your resume to position you with the opportunities that fit your skills, experience and aspirations. We have benefit options to fit your needs and a support staff that works with you from placement throughout your engagement – project after project. To learn more about Genesis10 and to view all our available career opportunities, please visit us at www.genesis10.com “Genesis10 is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V”
Write Technical Specification
Maintain Enterprise Application
Troubleshooting (Problem Solving)