To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bannockburn, IL 60015
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Instructional Designer - Contract Opening
Option Care • Bannockburn, IL
Posted 23 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Your Home for an Exceptional Career.
With the nation’s largest home infusion provider, there is no limit to the growth of your career.
For nearly 40 years, Option Care has been shaping the home infusion services industry. From industry pioneers to trusted partners, Option Care has emerged as the leading home infusion services provider. Our company has grown over 5,000 strong—a workforce that spans the nation and is united by a common passion for making exceptional healthcare synonymous with home.
Job Description Summary:The Instructional Designer is responsible for the design and development of instructor-led curriculum and content, eLearning modules, job aides, and learning tools. The education materials are used to support the training and development of clinical, reimbursement and sales teams. The instructional designer will have the ability to create training components from the requirements stage, storyboarding, design, through production, deployment and evaluations.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Work with customers to scope deliverables. Determine the best design options for audience.
- Communicate timelines, deliverables, and expectations to customers.
- Create course content / storyboards and any instructional materials (tutorials, job aids, follow-up activities, knowledge checks, etc.).
- Knowledge and use of design tools, i.e. Storyline, Articulate 360, Captivate, Camtasia.
- Identify any existing learning materials that can be leveraged or modified to support learning needs. Ensure instructional design strategies are matched to audience, intended outcomes, and align with customer needs. Ensure content is reviewed, is meeting expectations, and guide adjustments, as necessary. Engage SME involvement to ensure accuracy.
- Review evaluation results. Collaborate with design team and instructors to review course evaluations and assess for future needs. Collaborate to make changes to design and instruction approaches, as needed.
- Proactively mitigate any risk for project deliverables. Collaborate with stakeholders and learning team to address design and development issues that arise in the process of course creation.
- Encourage sharing of best practices for education across enterprise, including use of the ADDIE model.
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? (i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.) No
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in adult education, distance learning, or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in the instructional design for professional adults, including the conduction of needs analysis, writing instructional objectives, recommending various instructional models, creating blended learning solutions, incorporating learning methodologies, and integrating measurement standards.
- Knowledge of emerging and progressive ID techniques and strategies (e.g. mobile learning, JIT training, social learning, etc.)
- Strong design sense as demonstrated both in print materials and online learning examples.
- Proven business acumen, including project management skills, and strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with learning management systems
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrates autonomy in establishing goals, setting priorities, making decisions and collaborating with others
- Ability to coordinate, seek help from, and cooperate with others to accomplish assigned tasks
- Ability to identify problems, evaluate alternatives and implement effective solutions
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships within and outside the organization
- Design, develop, and deliver interactive eLearning modules that include branching scenarios, animations, and interactive elements to support learning. Experience using web-based authoring tools.
- High comfort level with technology and ability to quickly learn and utilize new software applications.
Travel Requirements: (if required)
Preferred Qualifications & Interests (PQIs)
Certificate in instructional design preferred
This job description is to be used as a guide for accomplishing Company and department objectives, and only covers the primary functions and responsibilities of the position. It is in no way to be construed as an all-encompassing list of duties.
Option Care subscribes to a policy of equal employment opportunity, making employment available without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship status according to the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status, or genetic information.