To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Minneapolis, MN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Health Care Specialist (Reserve Prior Service)
United States Army • Minneapolis, MN
Posted 8 days ago
Your service obligation has been completed and you are now in the process of transitioning to your new role in civilian life. Now you are ready to take that next step, you begin to realize you miss the camaraderie, the sense of purpose and the community that’s been established during your military service.
If this sounds like it might be the case, the Army Reserve may be right for you. The Army Reserve provides an excellent opportunity to make the most of what both worlds have to offer. It’s a great way to be a part of your community as you build your skill set, and as an Army Reserve Soldier, you are entitled to many of the same benefits as an active Army Soldier.
HEALTH CARE SPECIALIST
As a Health Care Specialist, you will be responsible for providing emergency medical treatment, limited primary care and health protection and evacuation from a point of injury or illness.
You will also have the opportunity to:
- Assist with outpatient/inpatient care and treatment
- Take patients' temperature, pulse and blood pressure
- Administer injections and medications to patients
- Prepare patients, operating rooms, equipment and supplies for surgery
- 16 weeks of Advanced Individual Training, including practice in-patient care.
- Prior service personnel entering the Army Reserve are not required to attend Basic Combat Training, regardless of the break in service.
Similar to when you were on Active Duty, the Army Reserve makes sure you and your family are taken care of:
- Preparing you for your civilian career in practically any position you’re interested in pursuing, and help you earn certifications and licensures for jobs.
- If you want to go to college, the Army Reserve will help you pay for it, or it can help pay off your loans.
- Lost-cost health and life insurance from one of the biggest health care networks in the world.
- Army Reserve Soldiers earn regular paychecks for Unit Training and Field Training Exercises, with wages increasing as you climb in rank and experience.
You may also be eligible for:
- Enlistment bonuses totaling up to $20,000
- Up to $24,732 for college
- Up to $50,000 to repay qualifying student loans
- Up to $4,500 a year in tuition assistance while serving
- Enlistment in the Army Reserve
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident alien
- Healthy and in good physical condition
- In good moral standing
- High school or Equivalent Education
( related keywords: Dental Assistant, Radiology Specialist, Pharmacy Technician, Laboratory Technician, Medical Assistant, Patient Coordinator, Medical Equipment Repairer, Operating Room Specialist, Dental Specialist, Respiratory Specialist, Health Care Specialist, Chief Med)