Job Title: DC Site Coordinator
Reports To: Sr Manager, Distribution Operations
Location: Distribution Center
Functional Area: Branch Network & Corporate Strategy
The DC Site Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination and support of the education & training arm of DC Operations. Works under general supervision. Activities include, but not limited to; meeting preparation with external and internal partners. Conducting and hosting on-site visits and tours, providing timely and accurate communications to participants and internal staff. Partners can be defined as Grainger internal team members, customers, suppliers and strategic partners.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Main point of contact for welcoming internal and external visitors to the DC with a professional and welcoming disposition while addressing their needs.
- Manage onsite tours through strategic and proactive calendar management and scheduling.
- Must be knowledgeable in DC operations.
- Manage tour/visit requests for the DC, support on-site logistics for each event.
- Develop and deliver educational content for DC Operations tailored to the visitor’s needs/requirements.
- Support the HR and Ops teams to lead, refine and develop DC Operations Training programs and conducting new hiring event tours.
- Responsible for managing and conducting compliance training & certification expectations for DC team.
- Coordinate space reservations; manage the visitor/tour calendar in anticipation for arrival.
- Makes decisions on sequence of operations, set up and processes.
- Operates and adjusts/configures varied equipment to perform standardized tests or operations.
- Providing reservation details, catering, signage, and furniture set-up requirements.
- Partnering with onsite security to provide security access to external visitors.
- Assist with event deliveries, set-up, and clean-up.
- Preserve comprehensive knowledge of functions and structures across the firm to direct and redirect internal and external inquiries.
- Works independently and within various teams to develop, organize and deliver facility tour training and related materials, establishes training content and training objectives.
- Continuously improve the role and enhancing content.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Job is an individual contributor and has no direct reports
Preferred Education & Experience:
- BA/BS or equivalent preferred.
- 1-3 years of experience in related field preferred.
- Ability to prioritize critical tasks and multi-task in a fast paced, always changing, deadline driven team environment.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office (very strong knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel is essential. Office 365), strong writing and editing skills, i.e., spelling, grammar, punctuation.
- Versatile, flexible, and efficient, with the ability to constantly take on new responsibilities and tasks based on the needs of the team.
- Very highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent communication and organizational skill; must be detailed oriented and thorough.
- Ability to work effectively and professional with all levels of employees and other external individuals.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Takes initiative and works well independently as well as with a team.
- Has a professional phone demeanor and upholds the utmost standards of confidentiality.
- Maintenance of continuing and developing relationships with others outside the company is critical
- Knowledge of a body of standardized rules, procedures, operations, etc. within a specialized or technical field.
- Requires understanding and influencing people to achieve job objectives
- Positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills.
- Follows defined processes, plans and arranges a significant portion of own work.
- Generally able to choose methods, within standard practice.
- Superior service ethic, exhibiting grace under pressure.
- Work conditions are typical of Distribution Center.
- Communications in person, via email and over the phone.
- On occasion, be required to lift packages up to 50 lbs.
- Travel up to 5%.
- General office and DC environment.
- Majority of the time spent on the Operations floor.
- Generally good working conditions
- Exposure to any number of elements, but not to the extent of being disagreeable.
- Some precautions required such as safety glasses, protective clothing, ear protection, etc.
The DC Site Coordinator will increase the access to DC Operations for Grainger team members and customers. They will make decisions on how best to formulate & build content for their visitors and determine how to best schedule and manage the volume of visits, and be responsible for leading the training content.
This role will focus on supporting customers on-site. The impact relative to those visits largely depends on the size of the customer and state of the relationships. This role could assist with winning business if executed correctly.
From an internal perspective, the ILDC with its close proximity to Chicago and Lake Forest supports numerous educational visits from various teams in the organization. The impact is achieved is cross functional and the benefit of knowledge of DC Operations can be leveraged across many functions.
Who does this job partner with externally?
Sales Organization, Vendors, Suppliers and Strategic Partners.
Who does this job partner with internally?
Global Supply Chain, Enterprise Systems, Branch Operations, HR, Sr. Leadership team any team in Grainger who is interested in visiting a DC to learn about our operations and grow their knowledge!
Attention To Detail