SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Analyst II, Chemistry Laboratory evaluates the chemical and physical properties of various organic and inorganic substances for consumer product testing purposes. Under general supervision conducts mostly routine and moderate complex sample analysis, preparation, extraction, and digestion with and without the use of instrumentation following official methods and laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Conducts mostly routine and moderate complexity analytical studies of samples, preparation, extraction, and digestion with and without the use of instrumentation following official methods and laboratory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and protocols
- Prepares, submits, and files reports on client sample tests, correlation tests, calibration, validation, and other projects
- Performs routine operation, maintenance, calibration, and troubleshoots laboratory instruments/equipment
- Develops and validates analytical methods, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and other operating, safety, and quality documents for method development, transfer, and validation studies
- Provides technical training, advice, and support to Analysts in data analysis
- May be involved in the investigation, preparation of the response, and in follows-up on client inquiries and complaints as needed
- May provide technical support to Marketing, Sales, Customer Service and clients regarding testing, reporting, or technical inquiries
- Inputs and maintains technical information as needed to support the laboratory functions/operations
- Manages multiple projects as assigned
- Maintains Laboratory Notebook
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry or similar discipline
- 2+ years of laboratory experience in gas chromatography (GC) and High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call
for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Consumer Product
- Customer Service
- Data Analysis