DescriptionSales Executive - Based in Philadelphia, PAAbout Baldor
Since our beginnings as part of the iconic Greenwich Village retail store, Balducci's, Baldor has maintained its original promise - curate and deliver the best ingredients from around the world. For 25 years, we have served the food industry using cutting edge logistics to create a seamless customer experience. Our commitment to service and quality has made us the first choice in distribution for a diverse list of industry leaders that includes hotels, restaurants, county clubs, hospitals, nursing homes. Position Summary
As an industry leader in wholesale, retail, and residential food distribution, Baldor Specialty Foods continues to grow and evolve at a rapid pace across all departments. The Sales Executive is responsible for the overall management of any account assigned by Baldor. The Sales Executive is required to meet a Sales volume and gross margin each year and is compensated accordingly. This position requires a very high level of leadership, motivational and organizational skills. A high level of knowledge of Produce and specialty food products is essential to success. The position reports to the Director of Sales and is required to prepare report, target lists, cold call, master our website, problem solve, train others, sell off the "push list" and other responsibilities as they are assigned.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sales: Service existing accounts, identify new potential accounts, obtain orders, and establish new accounts by face to face contact as well as planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential customers.
- Budgets: Maintain sales budgets on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearly basis.
- E-Commerce: Master the use of the Baldor website and be prepared to coach customers on its benefits and use.
- Cold Calling: Introduce and recommend new and current products by establishing contact and developing relationships with customers.
- Product Training: Develop product knowledge in order to educate, describe, promote and sell to customers to maximize profitability and growth.
- Reporting: Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as daily call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Feedback to Management: Recommend changes in products, service, and policies by evaluating results and competitive landscape.
- Problem Solving: Resolve customer complaints by investigating problems; develop solutions; prepare reports; making recommendations to management and listen to your customer.
- Training and Development: Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; review professional publications; establish professional networks; participate in professional societies and organizations.
- Support category managers in the promotion of specialty food products.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3+ years of successful sales or related experience.
- Passion for and knowledge of produce and specialty food products.
- Strong selling skills including the management of target accounts and maintaining client relationships.
- Commitment to service quality and willingness to deliver top notch customer service.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and persistent - "get it done mind-set".
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Time management, multi-tasking and prioritizing tasks.
- Strong Leadership and motivational skills.
- Highly Organized.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office.
- Spanish language skills a plus.
- Account Management
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Cold Calling
- Customer Experience