KBR is seeking a Geospacial Data Analyst to support the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA's) National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) in Asheville, NC. The successful candidate will be a team member supporting the Data Stewardship Division. Two main functions of the role include 1) geoportal support and 2) metadata development. This position:
● Provides geoportal/harvester development support.
● Provides GIS maintenance and administration support for geoportal.
● Creates and maintains metadata records for environmental data.
● Develops and manages metadata standards, best practices and implementation of standards and training materials.
● Experience with XML and XSLT.
● Experience with Perl
● Familiar with Bash scripting
● Experience with Python (Experience with Fortran a plus)
● Familiarity with version control systems (preferably Git) in a team environment
● Understanding of ESRI Servers and their back-end server software capabilities.
● Possess working knowledge of GIS mapping systems and applications such as ESRI ArcGIS
● Experience with JIRA
● Familiar with THREDDS Data Server
● Familiar with OPeNDAP framework
● Experience with Live Access Servers
● Metadata standards and schemas
● Understanding of an interface definition language (IDL)
Education and Experience: A BS in physical or mathematical science. At least three years experience working science data, metadata and geospatial data.
Esri Gis (Software)
Interactive Data Language (Idl)
Python (Programming Language)
Perl (Programming Language)