To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Napa, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Business Manager, Bottle Etching (Operations / Production Management)
Job Juncture • Napa, CA
Posted 2 months ago
Business Manager, Bottle Etching (Operations/Production Management)
We are seeking a Napa-based, experienced Operations / Production Management professional to work with a small team of graphics professionals within a bottle etching business that serves the beverage industry. Solid customer-facing skills are important, as you will be the go-to person between the customer and the production team. Spanish speaking skills would be hugely helpful.
The Business Manager will be involved in some business development functions (growing the business from within) as well as operating in an operations / production management capacity as the liaison between customers and the production team. The Business Manager provides direction for all Bottle Etching customer service, manufacturing, supporting service operations, safety, inventory, maintenance, shipping and receiving. The person hired for this role will maintain and improve profitability by managing pricing, efficient operations and cost-effective manufacturing and will have P&L responsibilities for a $1 million business serving the beverage industry.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE YOU NEED FOR CONSIDERATION
• Bachelor’s degree plus 4 years of production management experience to include supervisory or managerial experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; or High School diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 8 years of production management experience to include supervisory experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Good interpersonal skills / good customer-facing skills.
• Good written and verbal skills.
• Must have a good professional network / contacts within the wine industry.
• Intermediate skill in the use of standard business software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, and Outlook.
• Must currently be a local resident to the Napa area, within commuting distance.
• Demonstrated experience in establishing, and operating within, cross-functional teams as well as the ability to significantly integrate within corporate and customer organizations.
• Ability to lift and move up to 25 lbs.
WHAT WILL SET YOU APART
• Bachelor’s degree plus 6 years of production management experience to include supervisory or managerial experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Language proficiency in Spanish is very helpful as most of the production staff speak Spanish.
• Knowledge of and exposure to Graphic Arts as it relates to Label manufacturing operations (not required, but very helpful).
• Skilled in communicating a compelling vision of the future.
• Experience with Production Management System (Radius) is a plus, but not required.
• Excellent teamwork skills.
• Experience working with all levels and functions within the company.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
• Ensure revenue and margin targets are met monthly.
• Manage a small team of people (5 full time staff, and 3 to 5 part time or seasonal direct reports).
• Direct operations to achieve schedule needs and meet customer deadlines.
• Manage all production processes from Digital Art Files, Film Development, Color Approvals, Shipping and Receiving, and reviewing customer quotes.
• Responsible for pricing and pricing related activities, such as job costing and job level data collection.
• Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of production work flow.
• Maximize quality by reducing variability throughout operations. This will entail the use of Statistical Process Control and other progressive management tools.
• Continuously improve and achieve or surpass budget results with respect to waste, efficiencies, speed, quality, downtime, cost, and other performance measures.
• Develop and maintain cost and work saving measures and work procedures through directing manufacturing operations according to company standards for quality and production output per hour.
• Comply with all EPA and OSHA regulations as well as internal policies with respect to safety.
• Communicate on a regular basis through plant-wide communication meetings as well as departmental and other meetings.
• Manage operating budgets in production and ensure that expenses are incurred at acceptable levels and be prepared to explain any variance along with appropriate corrective actions.
• Ensure employee conformance to established best practices and proper training of staff.
• Ensure proper equipment maintenance as related to safety, productivity, quality and service by leading the development and implementation of appropriate Plant Maintenance procedures and documentation to verify conformance.
• Develop and approve recommendations to change systems, policies and procedures; ensure timely and accurate implementation.
• Make recommendations to senior management on long range labor and equipment needs.
• Oversee and handle projects that have short to long term focus.
• Balance planning efforts with day to day demands.
• Facilitate corrective action follow-ups.
• Facilitate and follow-up on strategic objectives to successful completion in appropriate process areas.
• Support Lean Enterprise and Kaizen teams.
• Observe recycling guidelines and limits waste of materials and supplies.
• Develop, coach and mentor subordinate staff.
• Develop, implement and enforce consistent discipline guidelines.
• Conduct performance evaluations; recommend salary adjustments; reward employees or take disciplinary action, as necessary; address employee relations complaints and resolves issues.
MUST BE LOCAL.
U.S. CITIZENS AND GREEN CARD HOLDERS ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.