Are you ready to grow your dream career while making others' vacation dreams come true? Marriott Vacations Worldwide is a world premier organization for Vacation Ownership with resorts at destinations around the globe. Join our team and help deliver unforgettable experiences that make vacation dreams come true.
**Relocation Assistance Available**
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Resort and Restaurant Management, Hospitality, Business Administration, or related major; 2 years’ experience in the guest services, front desk, housekeeping, or related professional area.
• Ensures that goals are being translated to the team as they relate to guest tracking and productivity.
• Creates and nurtures a property environment that emphasizes motivation, empowerment, teamwork, continuous improvement and a passion for providing service.
• Understands associate, owner and guest satisfaction results and develops game plans to attack need areas and expand on strengths.
• Ensures the team has the capabilities to meet expectations.
• Leads by example demonstrating self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Assists associates in understanding guests’ ever-changing needs and expectations and exceeding them. Managing Property Operations Functions
• Follows property specific second effort and recovery plan.
• Publishes all guest satisfaction results in a timely fashion including all guest satisfaction forms, comment cards and guest letters.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with associate concerns.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to associates at all times.
• Communicates/updates all goals and results with associates.
• Meets semiannually with staff on a one-to-one basis.
• Assists/teaches the team scheduling against guest and hours/occupied room goals.
• Performs hourly job functions as needed. Managing and Monitoring Activities that Affect the Guest Experience
• Provides excellent customer service by being readily available/approachable for all guests.
• Takes proactive approaches when dealing with guest concerns.
• Extends professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
• Responds timely to customer service department request.
• Ensures all team members meet or exceed all hospitality requirements. Managing Profitability
• Assists in performing required annual Quality audit with Senior Leadership Team.
• Ensures a viable key control program is in place.
• Reviews financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and program improvement. Conducting Human Resources Activities
• Participates in interviewing and hiring of team members with the appropriate skills.
• Uses all available on the job training tools to train new associates and provide follow-up training as necessary.
• Communicates performance expectations in accordance with job descriptions for each position.
• Conducts a departmental orientation program for associates to receive the appropriate new hire training to successfully perform their job.
• Ensures associates understand Company, Resort and Departmental expectations and parameters.
• Ensures associates are cross trained to support successful daily operations.
• Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with associates and ensures associates do the same with them.
• Schedules associates to business demands and tracks associate time and attendance.
• Ensures property policies are administered fairly and consistently, disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to policy.
• Observes service behaviors of associates and provides feedback to individuals.
• Ensures associate recognition is taking place on all shifts.
• Solicits associate feedback, utilizes an “open door” policy, and reviews associate satisfaction results to identify and address associate problems or concerns.
• Participates in associate progressive discipline procedures.
• Reviews associate satisfaction results.
Marriott Vacations Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture.