Tau Six, an agile small company delivering cutting edge cybersecurity and systems integration services to the US National Security market, has an immediate need for a IT Infrastructure Automation Engineer with a PowerShell / Python specialization for a Department of Defense customer. In this role you have the opportunity to work with a cross-functional team in multiple technical areas to include operations, engineering, security, and systems development to deliver secure solutions to our national security customers.
We are hiring for a dynamic PowerShell/Python Automation Engineer to support our government customer based in Springfield, VA. The position is required to be onsite.
Required Clearance: U.S. Government Top Secret / SCI Clearance
The PowerShell/Python Automation Engineer supports the Information Technology (IT) Architecture and Engineering (A&E) team by providing software and systems engineering (SE) expertise to implement modern and Next Generation (NexGen) IT solutions across the full stack: physical, networking, storage, virtualization, servers, applications, and services.
- Act as the engineering teams Microsoft PowerShell Subject Matter Expert (SME) leveraging technical knowledge and experience to overcome unique IT challenges.
- Focus on identifying, assessing, and developing Microsoft PowerShell-based solutions to address IT business and mission use cases across a variety of vendor and in-house solutions to maximize task automation through scripting
- Leverage advance Microsoft PowerShell features and concepts to enhance enterprise-grade IT solutions using Infrastructure as Code (IAC), Configuration as Code (CAC), scripted deployments and installations, and Desired State Configurations (DSCs). This position will also implement and test Microsoft Just Enough Administration (JEA) setups to improve Least Privilege and Role-Based Access Control (RBAC) and information security (INFOSEC) efforts.
- Personal hands-on experience with the end-to-end development of coded/scripted solutions using modern scripting languages (PowerShell, Python, etc.) for the implementation, configuration, automation, orchestration, and/or maintenance of enterprise-grade technologies (i.e., systems, applications, and services) deployed across a multi-platform (Windows, *nix, etc.) information system.
- Five or more years of hands-on experience with Microsoft Windows-based operating systems (OS), Services (Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, etc.), and Applications (Exchange, IIS, SharePoint, SQL Server, etc.) working in production enterprise environments.
- Three or more years of experience actively programming in Microsoft PowerShell to include the code design and writing, testing, troubleshooting, code optimization, code deployment, code improvements, and documentation.
- Three or more years of experience in understanding, recognizing, and incorporating PowerShell code development best practices with personally written products to include the areas of code generation, requires, commentary, code level, logging, error handling and checking, and reporting and notifications.
- Three or more years of experience designing, engineering, implementing, and maintaining solutions in secure processing environments which must adhere to U.S. Government Information Assurance and Security standards such as the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs).
- Demonstrated experience in capturing, analyzing, and decomposing stakeholder and/or product requirements in order to generate design solutions that will be implemented, tested, and eventually transitioned to the operational environment that acknowledges technical, compliance, schedule, and cost constraint.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited university; OR
Certified Authorization Professional (CAP); or
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Routing and Switching *Retired; or
- Strongly desired to be Global Information Assurance Certification (GIAC) Certified Windows Security Administrator (GCWN) certified.
- Technical certifications in other enterprise-level OSs, applications, and technologies, such as Citrix, Cisco, Microsoft, NetApp, Nutanix, Red Hat, Splunk, and/or VMware are also a plus.
- Demonstrated experience authoring PowerShell Advanced and Proxy functions, including the provisioning of PowerShell Command Help.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding, writing, and using PowerShell Script Modules (PSMs) and Manifest files for the purpose of referencing, loading, persisting, and sharing in-house developed code.
- Demonstrated experience working with Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) implementations, such as Microsoft Active Directory Certificate Services (ADCS), to configure, implement, and maintain Code Signing capabilities for in-house developed PowerShell modules across an enterprise information system.
- Demonstrated experience working with other vendor's custom PowerShell Cmdlets, through their PowerShell modules (i.e., Citrix, NetApp, Nutanix, VMware, etc.), to automate and orchestrate their routine administrative, as well as complex implementation and/or troubleshooting, tasking. Experience working with the configuration of PowerShell-based Remoting (WS-MAN and WinRM), including custom endpoints (session configurations), Access Control List (ACLs), Host-based Firewall Exceptions, and related tasks. Experience working with Microsoft PowerShell Jobs and Workflows to develop sequences of programmed, connected steps to perform long-running tasks and/or coordinate multiple steps across multiple devices or managed nodes simultaneously.
- This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Top Secret/SCI clearance. Candidates must be able to obtain a Counterintelligence (CI) polygraph.
- Access Control List
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Agile Methodology