To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Lanham, MD 20706
- Phone: 240-382-5044
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Jr. Systems Engineer
Volt • Lanham, MD
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Volt has an opportunity for a Jr. Systems Engineer in Lanham, Maryland. The qualified candidate will work with a small team responsible for system engineering across one or several exciting and innovative new projects. There will be a wide range of hands-on engineering responsibilities including mission analysis, end user experience /effects analysis, requirements analysis, system design, reliability analysis, system hardware/software integration, and risk management. The position works closely with multiple disciplines including other systems engineers, developers, test, and on-site user personnel.
The qualified candidate is motivated and willing to examine new and interesting missions with an eye towards defining innovative, cost effective, and mission effective systems. An inquisitive mind and a passion for learning new applications, approaches, missions, and tools is desired! Experience with systems engineering of space and satellite ground systems is a strong starting point for future growth and responsibility. That experience can come in several forms – from operations, acquisition, system development, or engineering. Expertise in US Government systems and processes is a plus, as is a background in software development.
* Bachelors’ degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or equivalent.
* Minimum of 2 years’ experience in space systems and / or systems engineering.
* Experience with satellite ground systems is desired.
* Self-motivated and capable of working as a team member on projects consisting of multiple groups of developers, engineers, and testers.
* Able to articulate technical concepts orally and in written forms both internally to the team as well as externally to the customer and users.
Volt is an equal opportunity employer.