The Huntington Creek team is comprised of motivated professionals who thrive in a dynamic environment, are always reaching towards new goals.
Careers (notice we don’t call them jobs) in the recovery field offer the perfect mix of positive challenges and plenty of rewards.
Every day is full of challenges and we look for individuals who will step up to those challenges.
In this role you will be the point of contact for our patients.
Describe my day:
It may sound cliché but there isn’t a typical day here. The responsibilities of this role are diverse and dynamic, but we’ll do our best to give you a taste.
Firstly, it imperative to understand that you are a member of a team. succeed or fail you will do it together. Every day you will manage our patients with the goal of meeting their individualized care plans. Sounds simple enough, right? Well, what this really means is you will be involved in:
- Admissions, discharges, medication teaching and administration, being a part of our interdisciplinary approach to treatment, liaison between the medical and psych providers and the patients
We always say here at HCRC that we hire character and train skill. So what kind of character do we need?
- Is Focused. There can be many distractions in your office: employees coming in to speak to you, phones ringing, high noise levels etc. The ability to tune to your own channel is key.
- Has Personality. This seems obvious, but we are a no wallflower zone. Our culture is a value oriented one where we want characters.
- Can Juggle. You will always have at least 5 balls in the air here. We need people who can manage many tasks sometimes with their eyes closed.
- Likes Hats. You will wear just a few here. We need someone who looks good in most of them, or at the very least will try them on.
- Asks Questions. Change is a constant at PMRC. We look for people question the traditional to make us better. We want those who are solution seekers.
- Is empathetic. Our consumers come to us at a difficult time in their lives. We demand our people are empathetic, relatable, and above all professional.
- Free lunch
- 12 hour shifts, 3 days a week= 36 hour work week!
- Great work/life balance
- Monthly food party, monthly Employee Engagement events, appreciation events, and celebrations for both team and personal successes.
- No on-call, your time is yours
- Benefits package: medical, dental, visions benefits; 401k; Company paid Life and AD&D
- Paid Time off: Vacation, Sick, Extended Sick, Personal Days and Holidays
Monitor patient health and administer basic care utilizing the nursing process in assessing, planning and carrying out care plan objectives and goals.
Provide for the basic comfort of patient, implement nursing interventions identified in the plan of care that is individualized to their needs.
Apply appropriate interventions to progress the patient towards wellness and address maintenance of wellness.
Discuss the care provided with patient and listen to their concerns. Report status changes and concerns to registered nurses and doctors.
Keep records on patient health.
Communicate therapeutically and professionally with patient, visitors, coworkers and others involved in the patient's treatment in an effective manner.
Accurately administer medications per ordered note, document medication administration and reflect accurate count of controlled substance medication administration on required documents.
Maintain standards of professional nursing practice in accordance with facility policy and procedures, other external governing and credentialing bodies, performance improvement standards and psychiatric nursing standards.
Provide for the safe delivery of medication in accordance with policies and procedures, physicians orders and/or current practice.
Responsible for thorough, accurate reporting and documentation of the patient symptoms, responses and progress.
Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
Electronic Medical Record
Arm Hand Steadiness
Conducting Physical Examinations