- We are hiring immediately for an ACCOUNTING ASSOCIATE position.
Location: 26 Upton Drive. Wilmington, MA 01887. Note: online applications accepted only.
Schedule: Primarily Monday through Friday, 7am - 3:30pm.
Requirement: Microsoft Office Excel experience, customer service, accounting, Accounts Payable, and/or Accounts Receivable.
Starting pay: $19-21 per hour
- *Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available
Canteen brings break time to everyone. We combine food, service, and experience backed by industry-leading technology to help companies create a better workplace and connect their employees. Canteen’s solutions include markets, office coffee and snacks, unattended retail, and culinary.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Their dedication, collaboration, and passion fuel our growth. Interested in joining our team? You bring the enthusiasm, customer service, and commitment; we’ll supply the opportunity and innovation. Together, we’ll continue to transform our industry.
Come for the job, stay for the career. We are Canteen.
This individual will uphold the vision of the Financial Division to ensure service-oriented customer relationship management and efficient financial operations
- Monitors credits and debits for accounts
- Follows posts of payments for customers, sends payments to accounts, verifies payment or deposits, monitors unpaid invoices and contacts customers who are late on payment
- Balances daily and month end account receivable to general ledger balances
- Investigates outstanding invoices, makes collection calls, negotiates payment terms, and processes liens for collections
- Enters data into accounts receivable general ledger accounts
- Assists financial department with various administrative tasks
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in accounts receivable or general accounting, or equivalent education with ability to demonstrate an understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit practices and collection regulations
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel) and Quickbooks
- Ability to analyze information and resolve issues
- Demonstrates strong attention to detail, communication skills, data entry skills, and math skills
Associates at Canteen are offered many fantastic benefits.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits to associates:
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
In addition, full-time positions also offer the following benefits to associates:
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).