Position: IT Infrastructure Engineer
Duration: Direct Hire OR Contract to Hire
Salary: $50 - $70K
Location: Addison, TX 75001
This is a strategic technical position within the organization. This position is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of customer’s software systems, coordinating complex projects, and implementing software solutions.
• IT support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft's core business applications, as well as virtual environments built on Citrix, Microsoft, and VMware.
• Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, SharePoint, etc.
• Implement system solutions for customers using technologies that meet their needs.
• Implement and support disaster recovery solutions.
• Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
• Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
• System documentation and consulting services to include system reviews and recommendations.
• Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.
Additional Notes from Manager:
Windows Servers- managing and troubleshooting, migration projects, maybe few Apple/MAC
Basic networking (certs nice) – setting up switches, installing, managing, trouble shooting, slow issues, internet issues.
Office 365 knowledge and experience- one drive, SharePoint
Dell/HP switches (cisco standard)
Percentages change: onsite Dallas clients 40-50%onsite depending on week, 50% in office Addison doing phone support, remote access, etc.
Will reimburse Mileage
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
• Professional IT Certifications, such as: Microsoft MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, Citrix CCEA or CCIA, SonicWall CSSA, ConnectWise CCPA, LabTech LTCP, Cisco CCNA, or VMware VCP. (they will help you attain them if you are interested)
Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care.
• Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
• Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided.
• Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide IT services.
• Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast moving environment
With Kelly, you’ll have direct connections to leading IT organizations in the best companies around the globe—offering you the chance to work on some of today’s most intriguing, innovative and high-visibility projects. In a field where change is the only constant, our connections and opportunities will help you take your career exactly where you want to go. We work with 90 of the Fortune 100™ companies companies and found opportunities for more than 8,600 IT professionals last year. Let us help advance your career today.
At Kelly, we’re always thinking about what’s next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we’re a leading advocate for temporary/nontraditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce, including, but not limited to, minorities, females, individuals with disabilities, protected veterans, sexual orientation, gender identity. URL blocked - click to apply
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (Mcsa)
Microsoft Certified Professional
Citrix Certified Enterprise Administrator
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer
Citrix Certified Integratrion Architecture