Teledyne Marine Systems is a member of a group of leading-edge undersea technology companies that have been assembled under the Teledyne Marine umbrella. We include Teledyne Benthos and Teledyne Webb Research on Cape Cod, Teledyne Gavia in Iceland and Teledyne SeaBotix/Oceanscience in San Diego. Our products include underwater vehicles (both towed and autonomous), acoustic sensors, pingers, releases, and flotation. Teledyne Marine Systems is EveryWhereYouLook!
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Teledyne Marine Systems is seeking an experienced Production/Material Planning Manager. This position will lead the holistic development and implementation of production and material planning strategies that align to product segments within a fast-paced manufacturing environment. He/she must be a self-starter, and be able to work in a team environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads the holistic development and implementation of production and material planning strategies that align to product segments
- Implement process improvements that support business goals such as linear shipments, development of standard lead-times for key products, rapid material shortage simulations in response to customer order requests, and fully automated Kanban system for hardware/miscellaneous expense materials
- Update existing and develop new planning procedures as required
- Work with all levels of the organization on various projects or on cross functional teams
- Maintain material forecasts at multiple levels and over varying time horizons through close collaboration with product line managers and sales team
- Report monthly forecast variances to product line managers/sales and recommend forecast adjustments based on statistical data review
- Insure accurate planning parameters/data are populated and adjusted in IFS as required
- Execute special projects in the procurement area as needed and defined by the Senior Supply Chain/Planning Manager
- Place orders as needed for materials to support procurement team during times of heavy demand
- Provide leadership, coaching and direction to the planning team
- Develop, maintain and report KPI’s that align to group, division and corporate goals
- Active member of Marine supply chain team as the Planning Lead for North Falmouth
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree (Business, Supply Chain, or Operations)
- 8+ years of experience in management of materials, planning and forecasting
- Working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in lean, continuous improvement and setting up and maintaining Kanban replenishment system
- Familiarity with inventory control and material handling processes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, and Power Point
- Excellent organization, leadership and communication (written and verbal) along with presentation skills to effectively interface with all levels inside and outside of the organization
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities
The physical/mental demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional Lifting up to 30 pounds to include, laptop computer or inventory parts
- Travel up to 10% of time via Air/Train/Boat/Automobile for up to 24 consecutive hours
- Professional office environment
- Occasional work in manufacturing area internal or during supplier visits
- This position requires periods of working behind a desk, performing tasks on computer
- Considerable periods of standing or walking throughout the facility to interface with other associates
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a 'U.S. Person' (US citizens, US nationals, lawful permanent residents, asylees or refugees).
Teledyne is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,color,religion,religious creed,gender,sexual orientation,gender identity,gender expression,transgender,pregnancy,marital status,national origin,ancestry,citizenship status,age,disability,protected Veteran Status,genetics or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal,state,or local law. ? If you need assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment,please email Email blocked - click to apply
or call Phone number blocked - click to apply
. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will receive a response.
Process Improvements (Business)
Material Requirements Planning