Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
The responsibility of the Route Sales Specialist is to follow procedures and good business practices that will enable routes to grow to potential. Delivers fresh product to existing customers, sets up new accounts and merchandises. The RSS will work closely with customers and support all sales initiatives to achieve expectations, and be responsible for customer development with regard to ordering, merchandising, and display opportunities.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
• Provides vacation relief for Route Sales Professionals and Loaders
• Assisting the Sales Leadership Team in day to day operations and/or issues as needed.
• Assists with the training of new Route Sales Professionals.
• Delivers fresh product to existing customers on open routes until new RSPs are trained.
• Assists with rack resets.
• Partners with Route Sales Professionals to create alignment in account chains
• Route operation activity, including ordering and distribution, merchandising, promotional activity, holiday planning and meeting customer expectations.
• Communicate with customers to assist them in understanding the promotional activity, and understand what our customer delivery expectations are.
• Ensure the product distribution is accomplished to customer satisfaction in agreement with any contract terms and requirements.
• Assists customer relations to include selling of new products, and space/position gains.
• Provides a high level of customer service ad solve customer issues as they arise.
• Represents BBU as a leader in the baking industry.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Work location will vary depending on staffing needs.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
What we need from you:
- At least 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to obtain and retain a DOT medical card
- Ability to climb, push/pull, bend, stoop, and kneel for extended periods as well as perform frequent reaching and use of fingers
- 1-3 years of related experience in DSD (Direct Sales Distribution) is preferred
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electric energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year for the fourth year in a row for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 18 ENERGY STAR® Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- Over 1500 of our vehicles utilize alternative fuel – propane, compressed natural gas, electric, or hybrid
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
- Business Ethics
- Customer Relationship Management
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service
- Direct Selling