Intermediate Tax Accountant - Maryville, TN
Intermediate Tax Accountant
Clayton Homes is the largest builder of manufactured housing and modular homes in the US. Owned by Warren Buffett's Berkshire Hathaway, Clayton is headquartered in Maryville, Tennessee, with subsidiaries including Finance, Insurance, Manufacturing, and Retail.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. Furthermore, we are financially strong, with a reputation for leading the industry with unsurpassed products, a broad range of services and a coast-to-coast presence. Clayton Homes is professionally strong, from entry level to more experienced positions, and is actively recruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. As a member of our team, we will equip you for success. You will have excellent benefits, opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports work / life balance.
The Intermediate Tax Accountant is responsible for tax reporting and research functions. Maintains tax records and prepares tax returns, related schedules, and reports. Prepares paperwork for local, state and federal level returns. Must be familiar with regulations at the federal, state and local level. Requires a bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of experience in the field. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Prepare Federal and State Income tax returns within compliance software
- Assist in tax planning and providing business advice.
- Identify problem areas and propose solutions to management team.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills and use current technology and tools to enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of service.
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with internal clients.
- Perform other accounting and administrative duties as needed.
- Degree in accounting or related field.
- Detail oriented with excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written.
- Client-oriented work ethic, delivering high quality results.
- Dedication to teamwork and leadership.
- Person of sound judgment, that can manage risks effectively.
- Experience with tax software and advanced Excel desired
- 401(K) includes 100% company match of the first 4%
- Quarterly Team Share Bonuses
- Medical and Dental plan with Prescription Coverage and Vision
- Paid Time Off (PTO) days and holidays
- Onsite workout facility and restaurant