Blackstone is the world's largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $915 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow @blackstone on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
The Events Team manages all aspects of internal and external bespoke events. The Event Technology Manager role will provide support to the Events Team and play a key role in ensuring vendors and internal technicians adhere to Blackstone's audiovisual standards and process. This person will assist with conceptualizing, activating, and executing the audiovisual components of an event at any scale. The ideal candidate is highly detail-oriented, organized, and able to coordinate multiple projects as part of a team, and independently. The ability to assess situations and shift focus in a customer centric, high-service-level and continually evolving environment, while maintaining a positive attitude is essential. The candidate must have a strong understanding of event audiovisual systems with the drive to consistently improve standards and processes for more efficient event preparation and execution. Candidates must have outstanding communication, interpersonal skills, a strong work ethic and always be thinking about the big picture.
What will you do?
* Collaborate with key stakeholders from the Events Team and other business units in fulfilling the audiovisual obligations and scope for each event.
* Identify technical/logistical/creative risks before they become issues and work towards problem-solving those issues with the broader team.
* Conduct site surveys and evaluation of venue A/V capabilities. Coordinate and manage audiovisual equipment setup, testing, execution, and tear down.
* Direct and manage suppliers in the provision of technology products and services; holding them accountable for high-quality outcomes that delight our customers.
* Track daily activities on projects, prioritize competing needs and communicate effectively to project stakeholders.
* Develop strong business relationships. Establish yourself and your team as a trusted advisor/partner. Continuously manage customer expectations with regular communications and updates on events, technology strategy.
* Demonstrate high-level quality control and service of audiovisual equipment and technical talent.
* Drive establishment of audiovisual standards and managing approved audiovisual budgets.
* Research and vet the best external vendors for any given need
* Drive consistent A/V capabilities for meetings and events for our organization, through the creation and distribution of best practices, procedures, and services.
What do you need to succeed?
* Bachelor's degree in communications related field and/or minimum 8 years' experience in audiovisual management or similar industry.
* Minimum of 5 years' experience in corporate events coordination production business or production facility.
* Significant experience in evaluation, successful implementation of audio/visual technologies with an innovative focus.
* Ability to demonstrate success in managing multiple tasks while under tight deadlines and financial constraints.
* Must possess excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and time management skills.
* Must be highly responsive and able to anticipate needs in a fast-paced, time sensitive environment.
* Strong administrative, organizational and time management skills.
* Must be proficient in excel, PowerPoint, word processing, and graphics to produce high quality reports, presentations, schedules, or other documents.
* Strong understanding of event logistics and technical problem solving.
* Be a team-player, with an "all hands-on deck" mindset
* Must have the ability to pick up new concepts in a rapid manner and work closely with colleagues for long periods of time.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at
(US), +44 (0)
20 7451 4000
+852 3656 8600
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
* Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
* Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
* Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
* Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
* Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * must be completed to be considered for employment (although some can be answered "prefer not to say"). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.
- Attention To Detail
- Business Events
- Financial Management